Discord

forcebwithu

I'm not a Discord user, and after seeing this video I'm glad I'm not. Cued to start at the interesting part that goes into how Discord has achieved its current value of $15 billion. But the part that should be concerning is who owns a major significant minority stake in Discord.

Edited by forcebwithu
clarified it's not a majority ownership, but a minority stake
  • Great Info 2

Sounds like a bunch of tin foil hat wearers in this video...lol

Anyone who's way up the food chain hardly needs Discord to find anything about anyone already...

Your protection is the vast number of people..

But, hey they are working on that problem too...lol

• Thumbs Up 2

52 minutes ago, fforest said:

Sounds like a bunch of tin foil hat wearers in this video...lol

Anyone who's way up the food chain hardly needs Discord to find anything about anyone already...

Your protection is the vast number of people..

But, hey they are working on that problem too...lol

Totally agree, anyone that thinks they are anonymous in today's world is deluded.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

I've shied away from almost all online activity these days. I've never been on FB, Twitter, Telegram or any other social media with the exception of this Forum and another couple I lurk on (Non Thailand).

It's bad enough that some places want personal info just to issue a receipt (Halfords ask for your email, toolstation for your address and postcode). As a personal protest I've started using my card less and more cash these days.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

13 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I'm not a Discord user, and after seeing this video I'm glad I'm not. Cued to start at the interesting part that goes into how Discord has achieved its current value of $15 billion. But the part that should be concerning is who owns a major significant minority stake in Discord.

Love the movie ''Wolf of Wall Street'', Decaprio at his best imo

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I've only recently signed up basically for the free international calls to family and friends around the world, i try not to get involved with anything else.

Whats app does free calls, very well....A pretty nice app really..

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, fforest said:

Whats app does free calls, very well....A pretty nice app really..

Yep i came into the 21st century when visiting my son in the UK, he loaded my phone up with all the popular apps and explained them all to me, he's a good lad. I've saved loads of Baht as a result lol

• Like 1