The 99% Factor

Glasseye

25 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

A line from the movie I'm now watching, "Gemini Man".

A - "I'm 99% certain"

B - "Doesn't that 1% suck ?"

Something that has always fcuked with me. Those cases when you are never 100 % sure.

I don't know, I am not fully sure about that, but maybe you are right.

• Haha 2

On 10/14/2023 at 9:27 AM, Glasseye said:

A - "I'm 99% certain"

Something that has always fcuked with me. Those cases when you are never 100 % sure.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.

Ummm, where have we sen that before!

On 10/14/2023 at 4:27 AM, Glasseye said:

A - "I'm 99% certain"

In poker, rarely does someone have a 1% chance unless they need to go runner runner and hit 2 miracles in a row......But often you'll be the victim of a 2-3 outer meaning last card to come, the villain must hit one of the final 2-3 (Kings, eg) left in the deck of roughly 45 cards, so 4-6% chance......it happens much more than I would like.....they say it's game of skill, luck just evens out long term....yeah right

I'm on a self-imposed Will Smith boycott after what happened.....man has to have morals

I assume Gemini is pretty good, huh?

8 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

In poker, rarely does someone have a 1% chance unless they need to go runner runner and hit 2 miracles in a row......But often you'll be the victim of a 2-3 outer meaning last card to come, the villain must hit one of the final 2-3 (Kings, eg) left in the deck of roughly 45 cards, so 4-6% chance......it happens much more than I would like.....they say it's game of skill, luck just evens out long term....yeah right

I'm on a self-imposed Will Smith boycott after what happened.....man has to have morals

I assume Gemini is pretty good, huh?

Nope... I didn't get through it. Fell asleep. It sucked anyway.

• Thanks 1

Yep I agree with you @Golfingboy My dislike for Will Smith and his attention seeking whore of a wife is becoming very palpable at the moment.

I also think he's a closet scientoligst, isn't he?. That crappy movie with his son in it was based on some of the ideas of that particular cult.

As for the 1% factor, in life I do play and go with the odds with certain things, but not a gambler myself. However, when the odds are clearly against me or any decision, I'll normally back out rather than take a chance which isn't in my favour.

• Like 1