Resurrect a dead Soi?

Butch

Right people, come on guys. We've got some great knowledge here, experience and innovation from some new guys.

seems that Nick Dean (NDTVi on YT) is determined to resurrect Soi 7 with new bars and a hotel. I say good on him. I'll do my best to support him and his bars, because he's offering decent prices, good atmosphere and some nice girls. He wants to see Soi 7 succeed and become popular again and for that he deserves a bit of support and a slap on the back.

Given the recent interest in Soi Pattayland 2 and to an extent, 1,  how would the collective guys here go around resurrecting a dead soi?. This was once arguably the best soi outside of Walking street ( some may say equal to WS) in 2002.

You've got zero footfall, zero attraction and zero girls.

As a starter, the Soi in 2001 had the following (feel free to correct my bad memory)

Rodeo girls Go Go

Old Orleans Restaurant

Popcorn A GoGo

Mistys A Gogo

Emergency A Gogo

Classroom  A GoGo

Planet Rock A GoGo (formerly Venus / Jupiter)

Lipstick A GoGo

Pussycat A GoGo (later Kitten Club).

Miss Dino's Beer Bar

Palmers Beer Bar

Shamrock beer Bar.

Right, answers on as very big postcard. Indulge your fantasies.

• Thumbs Up 3

To be honest it's really  a fun post as in "What / how" would you do it rather than a factual exercise in success. I was going to make up a mythical soi actually instead of picking an actual one.

As the BM's here are pretty good, it was meant of an all round "What would you do ?"

Like maybe more of an What's your "ideal Soi" in the eyes of a visitor.

Edited by Butch
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Butch said:

He wants to see Soi 7 succeed and become popular again and for that he deserves a bit of support and a slap on the back.

Isn't he just acting in his own self-interest, like the rest of us🙂

He chose to move from his Pothole bar a Soi that seems to be thriving to a dead one.  At the the time of my last visit back in Jan, if you believed the YT hype the Soi was thriving. Reality was the Soi was dead, and his bar was virtually empty.

There was no visible managment presence, some of the girls were OK I'll grant that, the music was dreadful though(dance stuff)

Why should I support that?

Will always make a point of supporting Dean in Witherspoons. He's always welcoming, and has made an effort to get to know me. Same with Phil at LePub

Back on topic, I'd give the same response as @Stillearly WS street 10 years+ back in time

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Butch said:

This was once arguably the best soi outside of Walking street ( some may say equal to WS) in 2002.

Agreed, i had some wonderful times on Soi 7 in Na's bar, she had a great crew of fun loving pretty gals, no need to go to WS.

Edited by Pumpuynarak

10 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Isn't he just acting in his own self-interest, like the rest of us🙂

He chose to move from his Pothole bar a Soi that seems to be thriving to a dead one.  At the the time of my last visit back in Jan, if you believed the YT hype the Soi was thriving. Reality was the Soi was dead, and his bar was virtually empty.

There was no visible managment presence, some of the girls were OK I'll grant that, the music was dreadful though(dance stuff)

Why should I support that?

Will always make a point of supporting Dean in Witherspoons. He's always welcoming, and has made an effort to get to know me. Same with Phil at LePub

Back on topic, I'd give the same response as @Stillearly WS street 10 years+ back in time

That's interesting.

Apparently he got the old Annajet bar for "free" just prior to Covid, and sold up the pothole bar (now Pitstop I think, and not a bad venue either) in order to fund the new place that's on the corner (hook up bar). I did pass by last April and they were both occupied, had a reasonable number of customers. however, Shooters was also doing OK, so I guess it might be down to a certain amount of footfall rather than being popular.

I do like Nick, he's quite approachable and talkative and he does offer some decent YT reviews. I think he's just purchased the hotel on the corner of Soi 7 as well.

I think that any "dead" Soi can be brought back to life with something to attract people in. The impression is that ND is trying to do that on 7, which is possibly in the balance at the moment, there are some decent bars on the Soi, but there are also some bloody awful ones.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Butch said:

I did pass by last April and they were both occupied, had a reasonable number of customers. however, Shooters was also doing OK, so I guess it might be down to a certain amount of footfall rather than being popular.

Fair enough, maybe he's gained he's gained a few regulars.

Watched some of YT channel during the dark days of lock down. I'd agree some of the interviews were OK. Bits of the live music were also good. Also I'd add in when he went on the road with Karl, who does seem to be genuine.  But beyond that the content was total bullshit.

My favourite piece was him and the Scottish chap doing their 10 biggest mistakes you can make. On the list was "Going to other places"

Apparently if you consider going to anyhwere other than Pattaya on your holiday that was a huge mistake. 

Every week threw up several pieces of unintended humour, that was my favourite. 

Genuinely don't wish the guy ill as I respect anyone who's taking a punt given the miniscule success rate of small businesses anywhere let alone Thailand

• Like 2