Talking with the BIB

Aqualung

34 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

There was a poor Canadian in Mae Hong Son who is no longer with us, under those exact circumstances

I recall at LEAST a half dozen of those types of shootings over the years.

Back in the States they have a tendency to shoot themselves. Over here they shoot each other.

• Like 2

I was in a local pattaya bar around 4 a.m. (ssh) and a policeman I recognised came in for a drink. We nodded to acknowledge one another.  After a while,  I asked the waitress to sent a drink to him on my bin. He came over to thank me and we spoke for a few minutes. Great English and an interesting conversation. 

• Thumbs Up 5

On 10/20/2023 at 4:54 PM, Aqualung said:

Had a brilliant night out last night somewhere in BKK.... Went to see a band called Marijuana!!! 

Coming out of the venue and waiting for a taxi back to Don Mueang, there was 4 coppers talking with the venues security guards. 

I just jolliley said good evening gents are you OK?  Only to be pulled up by my son in law in the taxi. 

f**k me did I do something terrible? 

Never ever have I had dealings with the Thai police but surely a polite hello is not out of the question? 

Probably naive on my part but good god! Farang cannot say anything to the BIB. 

Maybe your son in law is wanted by the BIB 🤣🤣🤣

Tell them Codeslayers your brief should be all good 😆

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, roomark said:

The only farang brief armed with a plastic fork..... Can't see that ending well Roo. 

Hope you are OK mate. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, roomark said:

Whatever happened to him?. Was he bluffing or true to his claims?.

Trouble is, and many will confirm, you meet so many "walts" (Walter Mitty characters) in Pattaya it's often hard to tell.

If anyone ever asks me what I do for a living, I just tell them I'm a "tortoise chaser".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Butch said:

Trouble is, and many will confirm, you meet so many "walts" (Walter Mitty characters) in Pattaya it's often hard to tell.

If anyone ever asks me what I do for a living, I just tell them I'm a "tortoise chaser".

He got banned from the forum.

I met up with him a couple of times and what you see is what you get with him!

• Thumbs Up 3

17 hours ago, Butch said:

Never met him , but as Boydeste has said (and I've heard from a few lads) he was really the same IRL 

I was gonna meet up with him in BKK back in the days of Secrets Forum , but the weekend I could make it he was down South.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, boydeste said:

He got banned from the forum.

I met up with him a couple of times and what you see is what you get with him!

I think I only spoke to him on the forum, perhaps a handful of times. He was certainly opinionated but didn't strike me as malicious.

Just now, roomark said:

Never met him , but as Boydeste has said (and I've heard from a few lads) he was really the same IRL 

I was gonna meet up with him in BKK back in the days of Secrets Forum , but the weekend I could make it he was down South.

Yep, I'd have liked to have met him as well. He seemed like a decent bloke at the end of the day.

One guy I met from the old "Thaigers" and "Pattayabargirls" forum was called "Claw" - he came across as a very anti female, vocal, offensive and self assured guy, happy to threaten people and got warned for it more than once. He turned out to be a 5'1 American Asian with an attitude problem.🤣

• Haha 2
  • Surprised 1

56 minutes ago, Butch said:

I think I only spoke to him on the forum, perhaps a handful of times. He was certainly opinionated but didn't strike me as malicious.

Yep, I'd have liked to have met him as well. He seemed like a decent bloke at the end of the day.

Code is one of the most interesting guys I have had the pleasure to share a few beers with. Very intelligent and well travelled. 

Trust me when I say he isn't the same as the guy you mentioned. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/31/2023 at 8:27 PM, boydeste said:

Code is one of the most interesting guys I have had the pleasure to share a few beers with. Very intelligent and well travelled. 

Trust me when I say he isn't the same as the guy you mentioned. 

I have always been able to get along with hard edged folks if they have something to offer. Some shit just doesn;t phase me as long as they don't cross the line. They can provide perspcetives in converstaion that can be interesting. If they pile it on too much I just walk, and I am good at smelling a bad idea way in advance of of most people. When I say no, I mean no. Any attempts to intimidate or con will be instantly written off. 

Folks who try that b.s. can read people who aren't goning to put up with their marlarky, so they usually stay on good bevaviour. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I liked Code.

We had a few 'exchanges' on here, but they always ended up fine, both understanding where the other was coming from, and that was that, not carried. I like conversing with people like that, you can have frank exchanges, then come to a kinda mutual respect of the others views/ways whatever. No stupid grudges carried. 

We also had a few pleasant PM's, genuinely, not being sarcastic. An invite to visit him down South.

As i've said before, forum's need characters, and no one can argue Code was definitely a character. 

But he was originally from Belfast, so he couldn't be anything else :lol:

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1