So much wasteage this time of year.

Butch

10 hours ago, Butch said:

Tesco's were marking stuff down yesterday, previously 15 pence bags of carrots to 5 pence only, bread, basically anything perishable with the 25/26 dates was going for pennies. I managed to get some chicken fillets and beef mince, but when talking to the nice girl with big tits who works in the biscuit aisle, she told me the skip around the back is almost full of stuff, and this is in a small Tesco, not a big one. (My offer of giving her a gift of a pearl necklace for Xmas was turned down, ungrateful cow)/

It does annoy me that there are numerous charities that could make do with this food that is just binned Your average homeless person wouldn't turn down bread, veggies or fruit even if it is on the sell by date. Not only that, seeing people with 3 bags of carrots , parsnips and spuds in their trolley seems a bit daft, I mean, how many people are you cooking for ?. I had just one bag of each and it went into the roast veg and did for 8. The other bags I purchased are now part of a load of frozen stew that I made yesterday.

Seeing what I did yesterday reminded me of the panic buying during Covid. I also recall a saying that "we're only 3 missed meals away from anarchy". It's shocking how society is so "throwaway" these days, not only in food but also in material items. My trainers literally last me until they're falling to bits, then they get binned and I buy another pair of cheap slazengers from Sports direct for £25.

Has the generation behind us (most of us here at least) lost the understanding of value of money?. Saying that, selling veg for 15 p a bag in Tesco is only going to encourage people to buy more than they need, so can anyone be blamed?.

When I was a kid for about a year I worked as a part time dishwasher (the actual formal title was "pot scrubber") in a hospital.

It was amazing what I shoved down a giant garbage disposer on nights I worked.

After retirement I worked a six month stint at a local Target. Mostly for killing time and giving me something to do. The money they paid was laughable. I really felt for the folks who worked there (and probably one or two other similar jobs, just to cover rent and food). The amount of shit they threw out on a daily basis was sickening.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2023 at 4:22 PM, Butch said:

Tesco's were marking stuff down yesterday, previously 15 pence bags of carrots to 5 pence only, bread, basically anything perishable with the 25/26 dates was going for pennies. I managed to get some chicken fillets and beef mince, but when talking to the nice girl with big tits who works in the biscuit aisle, she told me the skip around the back is almost full of stuff, and this is in a small Tesco, not a big one. (My offer of giving her a gift of a pearl necklace for Xmas was turned down, ungrateful cow)/

It does annoy me that there are numerous charities that could make do with this food that is just binned Your average homeless person wouldn't turn down bread, veggies or fruit even if it is on the sell by date. Not only that, seeing people with 3 bags of carrots , parsnips and spuds in their trolley seems a bit daft, I mean, how many people are you cooking for ?. I had just one bag of each and it went into the roast veg and did for 8. The other bags I purchased are now part of a load of frozen stew that I made yesterday.

Seeing what I did yesterday reminded me of the panic buying during Covid. I also recall a saying that "we're only 3 missed meals away from anarchy". It's shocking how society is so "throwaway" these days, not only in food but also in material items. My trainers literally last me until they're falling to bits, then they get binned and I buy another pair of cheap slazengers from Sports direct for £25.

Has the generation behind us (most of us here at least) lost the understanding of value of money?. Saying that, selling veg for 15 p a bag in Tesco is only going to encourage people to buy more than they need, so can anyone be blamed?.

I was with you until you said cheap Slazengers from Sports Direct.

Just ....No 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3