Dynasty Grande

coxyhog

2 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Our first time here since before Covid.The rooms are the same good standard & the staff excellent.Wifi is good.

The coffee shop has gone from out front but I don't think I ever went in there anyway & the reception is much smaller.

Biggest difference is the gym,it's in the same room with what looks like the same decent equipment but from what I remember it used to be air conditioned & now has all the windows open and 3 ceiling fans whirring around.Not so bad when you're acclimatised but being not long from the UK I sweated bucketfuls today.

But that won't stop us staying here again.

Also Chequers is just down Soi Nana & they're showing the cricket.Something I found out last night the cook there used to cook in Jools,where the food was very good,happy to report that the grub in Chequers is also very good.

Still my BKK hotel of choice - one other change since Covid is that they no longer stock the mini-bars in the rooms, and unfortunately the small 7-11 that used to be right next door is no longer there. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Still my BKK hotel of choice - one other change since Covid is that they no longer stock the mini-bars in the rooms, and unfortunately the small 7-11 that used to be right next door is no longer there. 

The fridge in my room is always full of wifeys crap so doesn't make any difference😂 to me

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, maipenrai said:

and mine, great hotel and location 👍

On 2/16/2024 at 4:10 PM, coxyhog said:

Our first time here since before Covid.The rooms are the same good standard & the staff excellent.Wifi is good.

The coffee shop has gone from out front but I don't think I ever went in there anyway & the reception is much smaller.

Biggest difference is the gym,it's in the same room with what looks like the same decent equipment but from what I remember it used to be air conditioned & now has all the windows open and 3 ceiling fans whirring around.Not so bad when you're acclimatised but being not long from the UK I sweated bucketfuls today.

But that won't stop us staying here again.

Also Chequers is just down Soi Nana & they're showing the cricket.Something I found out last night the cook there used to cook in Jools,where the food was very good,happy to report that the grub in Chequers is also very good.

Do you ever use the cut through on the Soi 8 end of the soi Grande is on ? Really handy and a lot of good bars/restaurants down there. 

On 2/17/2024 at 8:36 AM, coxyhog said:

The fridge in my room is always full of wifeys crap so doesn't make any difference😂 to me

I actually prefer an empty room fridge. The first thing I do after checking in is stock up.

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Do you ever use the cut through on the Soi 8 end of the soi Grande is on ? Really handy and a lot of good bars/restaurants down there. 

I'll try it next time,going to Tawandang tonight then Korat tomorrow.

33 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

There is a place on the corner of Soi 8 when you make that cut called the tripy or dripy Tap (something like that anyway). It’s on the opposite side to Lolitas 😉. Good food/music/atmosphere and Beer Lao on draft. 👍🍺

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Smiler said:

There is a place on the corner of Soi 8 when you make that cut called the tripy or dripy Tap (something like that anyway). It’s on the opposite side to Lolitas 😉. Good food/music/atmosphere and Beer Lao on draft. 👍🍺

I will check it out next time there. 

While enjoying a couple can view the entertainment possibilities.

Good tip.

☺️

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

I'll try it next time,going to Tawandang tonight then Korat tomorrow.

Soi 8 is great. And if taking that route (cut through) on foot you can avoid that stretch on Suk. 

Soi 8 takes you directly to the Nana BTS station also.

• Thumbs Up 2

19 minutes ago, Homor said:

Can anyone recommend a hotel on soi 8 ? 

Adelphi Suites is very good but quite expensive these days, I usually stay at Citrus Suites on Soi 6, much better value 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I actually prefer an empty room fridge. The first thing I do after checking in is stock up.

Yeah, but what if you are only there for a couple of nights? I used to like checking in after arriving from my long overseas flight and having a cold beer from the fridge - now I'm expected to run out and buy my own instead, and the nearest place to do so is the 7-11 back on Soi 4. 

33 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

Yeah, but what if you are only there for a couple of nights? I used to like checking in after arriving from my long overseas flight and having a cold beer from the fridge - now I'm expected to run out and buy my own instead, and the nearest place to do so is the 7-11 back on Soi 4. 

Good point.

2 hours ago, Homor said:

Can anyone recommend a hotel on soi 8 ? 

On8 hotel. The main entrance is at the end of the first sub soi off of Soi 8 (when walking from Suk). During the day there is also an entrace/exit onto Suk that goes through the connected tailor shop. The tailor and family own the hotel. 

When you exit the tailor shop the steps to Nana BTS station is literally 5 steps from the door.

https://www.on8bangkok.com/

50 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

You can buy a beer from the fridge in the lobby

i always stay in dynasty but I do miss the breakfast in the morning. 

there is very little hotel staff working in the hotel and If your room is not available for them to clean when they are doing their rounds it could be hours before they get back .

A word of warning,there's a plot of vacant land next to the DG where this morning a digger has started very noisy work.

We're in room 618 - I think if you get an odd numbered room you'll be away from it.

Glad we're leaving this morning or I'd be after a change of room.

• Thanks 2
  • Great Info 1

10 hours ago, Homor said:

i always stay in dynasty but I do miss the breakfast in the morning. 

In December when i stayed at Dynasty Grande i had a buffet breakfast a short walk towards Soi4 - not bad - perhaps that was Citrus Suites that has been mentioned here. After that there are lots of places on Soi4 such as The Tavern and Chequers.

• Thumbs Up 1