Party

coxyhog

It's wifey's birthday tomorrow so we're having a big bash at our place in Korat.

A barrel of draught Chang + gas & cooler has just been delivered and left outside in the shade but still fuckin' hot and allegedly just needing plugging in 2-3 hours before the drinking starts.

Not ever being a pub landlord does this sound OK?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, coxyhog said:

It's wifey's birthday tomorrow so we're having a big bash at our place in Korat.

A barrel of draught Chang + gas & cooler has just been delivered and left outside in the shade but still fuckin' hot and allegedly just needing plugging in 2-3 hours before the drinking starts.

From what i have seen here many times, the beer of choice passes via small tubes from the barrel through the cooler, which from what the name suggests that is where the cooling process takes place. Hopefully the supplier connected it all up for you and when the bewitching hour arrives all and sundry can get bolloxed on cold draught Chang.

Enjoy Mr. Hog....

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

All I remember was getting a load of ice and throwing the keg into a wash basin or something.

I am being mommy again.... but, when you have a party at your own residence and someone gets over the limit and kills or seriously injures someone after leaving, the injured (or family) can attach some liability to you. 

I doubt that sort of legal action is not very common over here, but. I would reckon they have some sort of dram shop laws here. Bar owners may know more, but the laws can be attached to an individual (or household) as well.

8 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Depends a bit on the temp of the water in the cooler. Starting it a bit earlier or adding some ice (doesn't have to be consumption grade) might be a good idea.

I may not have been a pub landlord, but I've worked behind a bar and won same beer drawing competitions.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

Happy birthday to your missus.

Funny I drink beer nearly everyday but clueless how it gets from the coldroom to my glass. As long as it is very cold I am happy.

It isn't stored in a coldroom, it flows through a cooling installation but other than that it works more or less like tapwater.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thegrogmonster said:

Happy birthday to your missus.

Funny I drink beer nearly everyday but clueless how it gets from the coldroom to my glass. As long as it is very cold I am happy.

I'm more concerned on how the cold beer gets from the glass to my tummy.

Can't abide warm beer, it's even worse when I;m in LOS and the SM light from 7-11 just isn't cold enough.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

21 minutes ago, Freee!! said:

It isn't stored in a coldroom, it flows through a cooling installation but other than that it works more or less like tapwater.

That'll be that physics thing...

I actually carried over for Ben way back the line coolers for the draft beer set up in FLB (minus the relevant gas bottles), they weighed a fair bit but fair play to him, he coughed up for the excess baggage charge.