Renewing my UK Passport

14 hours ago, Horizondave said:

You have the option of having the passport returned by courier, well at least I did in 2017.

Things may have changed, but I believe they appreciate the need to attend for application is essential but the need to return the passport is served better for many by offering a courier service.

The passport may have been returned to the Trendy building from UK but it was sent on to me in Hua Hin.

Lucky you, i don't believe the ''return by courier'' service is available anymore but i could be wrong. I just ain't going to bother traveling down to Bangers when i can use an agent for relatively peanut money, each to their own.  

7 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Lucky you, i don't believe the ''return by courier'' service is available anymore but i could be wrong. I just ain't going to bother traveling down to Bangers when i can use an agent for relatively peanut money, each to their own.  

I agree, that if you are willing to pay an agent for a competitive price, then it is a good option.

If I was living in the boonies, then I might consider it as well. Certainly, when I lived in Khon Kaen, an agent would have been a good move.

I did like a few trips to Bangkok though, so not a major issue when needing a document etc. Quite liked the area around the Trendy building for a drink or a feed.

I used an agent when I got married but that was more to help move around the different offices and not get lost, there was a lot of paperwork and having an agent to guide you was a bonus.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Thumbs Up 1

Has anyone renewed their passport where their IO has requested a copy of their bank book when they wanted their visa stamps transferred ? I ask this question because i recently became aware on another forum of an expat whose IO requested this info.

I can't understand this requirement, it does'nt make any sense to me.

25 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Has anyone renewed their passport where their IO has requested a copy of their bank book when they wanted their visa stamps transferred ? I ask this question because i recently became aware on another forum of an expat whose IO requested this info.

I can't understand this requirement, it does'nt make any sense to me.

That would be a first. I've done one visa transfer and no passbook was asked for, nor have others I know that have gone through the process been asked.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/13/2024 at 8:36 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

Interesting story regarding mine a US passport that needed to be sent to the Embassy in Bangkok for Renewal because they are not doing any more personal appointments for passport renewal

I am just the opposite of you I wanted to go pick my passport up at the embassy but no go you had to send them the amount of money that it cost Thailand post registered and it would be delivered back to you.

Well I sent it DHL to the Embassy they notified me they send it to the US then I heard nothing for 6 weeks I contacted the embassy via their email and they responded right away telling me that my passport had been processed but they couldn't be sure of the exact delivery date. I felt better knowing it had been processed and it was back in thailand.

A few days later I was over at a friend's house I get a call on my telephone I have a delivery from Lazada. I know for a fact I don't have anything coming from Lazada so I don't give it a second thought. I look at my tracking number for my passport and it says that they tried to deliver it and we're unable to contact me. I get a hold of an English-speaking person at Thailand post give them my number they tell me they tried to deliver it yesterday they will try again today. Next day about 2:00 I get a call I have a delivery for you from Lazada before I could tell him I didn't have anything coming from Lazada I said I'll come down and have a look.

Well you can't make this shit up I go downstairs sure enough there's a Lazada guy and he's got a manila envelope containing my new passport and my old passport he doesn't require a signature despite it saying registered. I have no idea how it ended up with a Lazada delivery guy but this is the exact reason I would have preferred going and picking it up myself.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Surprised 4

12 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Interesting story regarding mine a US passport that needed to be sent to the Embassy in Bangkok for Renewal because they are not doing any more personal appointments for passport renewal

I am just the opposite of you I wanted to go pick my passport up at the embassy but no go you had to send them the amount of money that it cost Thailand post registered and it would be delivered back to you.

Well I sent it DHL to the Embassy they notified me they send it to the US then I heard nothing for 6 weeks I contacted the embassy via their email and they responded right away telling me that my passport had been processed but they couldn't be sure of the exact delivery date. I felt better knowing it had been processed and it was back in thailand.

A few days later I was over at a friend's house I get a call on my telephone I have a delivery from Lazada. I know for a fact I don't have anything coming from Lazada so I don't give it a second thought. I look at my tracking number for my passport and it says that they tried to deliver it and we're unable to contact me. I get a hold of an English-speaking person at Thailand post give them my number they tell me they tried to deliver it yesterday they will try again today. Next day about 2:00 I get a call I have a delivery for you from Lazada before I could tell him I didn't have anything coming from Lazada I said I'll come down and have a look.

Well you can't make this shit up I go downstairs sure enough there's a Lazada guy and he's got a manila envelope containing my new passport and my old passport he doesn't require a signature despite it saying registered. I have no idea how it ended up with a Lazada delivery guy but this is the exact reason I would have preferred going and picking it up myself.

Hope it's the real deal and not a Chinese copy from Lazada. :default_biggrin:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

How bizarre :default_ermm:

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/11/2024 at 10:48 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

Well i've just found the agent i had seen on Facebook, they are www.mythaivisa.com. How strange they are advertising their UK passport renewal service on FB but their website has no mention of it :default_ermm: 

Well i contacted them and i have to say i'm very impressed at their service, quoted me a price of 11500bht for a standard passport renewal despite the price having been increased in the UK they are not increasing their price.

They sent me all the forms including a power of attorney and all i have to do is sign all the forms and return to them, i don't even have to complete them they will do for me.

They even supplied me with a new black pen would you believe lol

I'll update in due course but based on my current dealings with them i would not hesitate to recommend them, Som the lady i'm dealing with is an absolute helpful little darling.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Well i contacted them and i have to say i'm very impressed at their service, quoted me a price of 11500bht for a standard passport renewal despite the price having been increased in the UK they are not increasing their price.

They sent me all the forms including a power of attorney and all i have to do is sign all the forms and return to them, i don't even have to complete them they will do for me.

They even supplied me with a new black pen would you believe lol

I'll update in due course but based on my current dealings with them i would not hesitate to recommend them, Som the lady i'm dealing with is an absolute helpful little darling.

How very serendipitous of you to update the thread now because I was going to ask for an update this morning!!!

A couple of questions as usual..

1. How did you contact them? In my earlier posts in this thread I mentioned a couple of possibilities all of which I either emailed or completed their online form.....but none of them replied!

2. So you get to keep your passport through this whole process? That is excellent news. Also for us living out in the boonies the initial documentation is a trial run of the postage system for when the new passport arrives!!

Brilliant!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

How very serendipitous of you to update the thread now because I was going to ask for an update this morning!!!

A couple of questions as usual..

1. How did you contact them? In my earlier posts in this thread I mentioned a couple of possibilities all of which I either emailed or completed their online form.....but none of them replied!

2. So you get to keep your passport through this whole process? That is excellent news. Also for us living out in the boonies the initial documentation is a trial run of the postage system for when the new passport arrives!!

Brilliant!

I initially contacted them by email and i got replies the same day. After Som sent me the forms i had a few questions so i phoned her and she was so helpful and lovely with her replies.

I'm impressed........

I don't get to keep my passport, they need it for transferring the info over but its no problem as the time taken to get my new passport is circa 4 weeks. On requesting the forms i received from them the following day, EMS posting.  

• Great Info 1

3 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

How's about the photo requirement too mate ????

No problem, they require the standard 4.5 x 3.5 white background which i'm off early next week to get from a local photo shop.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I initially contacted them by email and i got replies the same day. After Som sent me the forms i had a few questions so i phoned her and she was so helpful and lovely with her replies.

I'm impressed........

I don't get to keep my passport, they need it for transferring the info over but its no problem as the time taken to get my new passport is circa 4 weeks. On requesting the forms i received from them the following day, EMS posting.  

I've just sent her an email ..... with a cheeky little addition...I asked if they could do my new passport... then do a "no funds" retirement visa renewal too !!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Derek Dangleberries said:

I've just sent her an email ..... with a cheeky little addition...I asked if they could do my new passport... then do a "no funds" retirement visa renewal too !!!!

Great to hear as they deserve the business imo, phone her up mate she's lovely. I am certainly looking at using more of their services in the future. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

They have quoted me 12,000 Baht but their quote for retirement renewal is 3k cheaper than other local ones so all in all it is a better offer and everything is done together so perfect for me.

Thanks for your help.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

They have quoted me 12,000 Baht but their quote for retirement renewal is 3k cheaper than other local ones so all in all it is a better offer and everything is done together so perfect for me.

Thanks for your help.

Is their quote of 12K bht for a standard passport ? Here's Som's email to me and my reply....

Hi Cliff

The price to renew an Adult UK  passport is 12000 THB. You would receive a 50 page passport. The whole process takes around 4 weeks. If you would like to use our service, please send us your address and phone number so we can mail you a power of attorney document to sign and return to us, so that we can act on your behalf.
Kind regards Som

Hi Som,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I really don't need a 50 page passport the smaller one would do. You mention the cost of 12000 BHT for a 50 page passport, does that include the fee to UK HMPO and any postage costs as i'm resident in Korat, Nakhon Ratchasima and would need to post everything ?

Kind regards,

Cliff
Edited by Pumpuynarak
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Is their quote of 12K bht for a standard passport ? Here's Som's email to me and my reply....

Hi Cliff

The price to renew an Adult UK  passport is 12000 THB. You would receive a 50 page passport. The whole process takes around 4 weeks. If you would like to use our service, please send us your address and phone number so we can mail you a power of attorney document to sign and return to us, so that we can act on your behalf.
Kind regards Som

Hi Som,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I really don't need a 50 page passport the smaller one would do. You mention the cost of 12000 BHT for a 50 page passport, does that include the fee to UK HMPO and any postage costs as i'm resident in Korat, Nakhon Ratchasima and would need to post everything ?

Kind regards,

Cliff

Exactly the same mate.. Are you saying that the 30 page one is 11500 ???

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Exactly the same mate.. Are you saying that the 30 page one is 11500 ???

Here ya go.....

Hi Cliff
Standard size passport would be 11.5k, this is the total cost, there are no hidden fees. You would need to mail the power of attorney to us, with you passport and photos.
Kind regards Som 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Hi guys, I have been told (not sure if it is true) that if your retirement visa is say Pattaya but your driving license Korat, you will face difficulties renewing your license. 

Anyone else hear that?

Interesting the "no funds" retirement visa renewal is so cheap. Korat quotes Baht 20k ( but if you live here the 90 day reporting is free), Pattaya Key Visa is Baht 16500 plus Baht 500/600 per 90 day report last year. What is the 90 day reporting with Som do you know?

I am interested because we have just finished building our retirement place and went a bit Over budget.......

Cheers

6 minutes ago, ThaiTim said:

Hi guys, I have been told (not sure if it is true) that if your retirement visa is say Pattaya but your driving license Korat, you will face difficulties renewing your license. 

Anyone else hear that?

Interesting the "no funds" retirement visa renewal is so cheap. Korat quotes Baht 20k ( but if you live here the 90 day reporting is free), Pattaya Key Visa is Baht 16500 plus Baht 500/600 per 90 day report last year. What is the 90 day reporting with Som do you know?

I am interested because we have just finished building our retirement place and went a bit Over budget.......

Cheers

You should be able to do the 90-day reporting yourself, online. I've done that since returning here in June 2022.

https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login

2 minutes ago, Britboy said:

You should be able to do the 90-day reporting yourself, online. I've done that since returning here in June 2022.

https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login

Yep, In another thread I mentioned doing mine online successfully, unfortunately whilst doing my Yellow Book and ID Card, the Land Office wanted proof.

It was easier to drive to Immigration in Ubon than to drive home and dig my PC out..but when I went to the 90 Day counter there they had no record of me ever doing it on line! They really are very helpful and friendly there and just did it again for me and provided the paperwork required ...

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, ThaiTim said:

Anyone else hear that?

Cheers

Regarding the renewing of your DL that would not surprise me TIT, Korat DL Center would not accept my Yellow book as proof of residency and made me go to Korat Immigration to get a COR when renewing DL WTF !!!

As i'm only doing the passport renewal at the mo that conversation has not arisen but she's only a phone call away.

Som's tel no - 0934938170

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/21/2024 at 6:58 AM, ThaiTim said:

Anyone else hear that?

Cheers

Can't see that as a problem. Last year I renewed my DL in Hua Hin but the previous one I had issued in Khon Kaen.  The driving licence centre will give you a renewal as long as you have a residence certificate for the province you are renewing your licence. They should not be concerned as long as you have all the necessary documentation.

Maybe immigration would ask why you are renewing in Korat if you are still registered as living in Pattaya. If you have moved to Korat you should just register your address with immigration as soon as you move in. When you go back to immigration to get a residence certificate, they will note that you have a visa, but now you are living in Korat and registered, should be OK.

• Thumbs Up 2