Gardeners in Korat

2 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I have the use of a Thai gardener that sorts my gaff out. He only speaks Thai and i don't so my wifey deals with him. He does a reasonable job but not really up to English standards but what he does is ok.

Wifey has just called him and he's willing to come out to your gaff and have a lookie and chat with you if you speak Thai or your wifey/GF if you don't.

His TEL number is 0857683220.

Pic of my garden and his maintenance work....

P1000672.JPG

House 2.PNG

Nice place.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, ThaiTim said:

Hi, thanks. Your place looks great. I have a Strummer and lawn mower so he doesn't need to worry about carting stuff around.

My Thai is not up to scratch but Mrs Tim is fluent ( well she is Thai) so can call 061 432 6858.

Thank you so much, it was killing me trying to do ours.

Cheers

ThaiTim

He has his own gear that he uses on my gaff, petrol strimmer for the grass and petrol hedge strimmer/hand shears for the rest. Talk about a lawn mower, i've never seen a Thai gardener use one, they all seem to use strimmers/hand shears.

Good luck and i understand your ''it was killing me trying to do ours'' comment, its just tooooo damn hot to do the garden here in Thailand.   

• Great Info 1
  • Haha 1

Sadly, when Mrs TT contacted your man he wanted us to pay him to come around to give us a quote. 

He doesn't live that far away I am told.

Sorry but with that approach I'll do it myself.

Thanks anyway

• Surprised 3

14 hours ago, ThaiTim said:

Sadly, when Mrs TT contacted your man he wanted us to pay him to come around to give us a quote. 

Thanks anyway

Well he is Thai :default_ermm: what a wanker, i would'nt pay the c*** either, i can't quite believe his attitude. 

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, ThaiTim said:

Thanks anyway

26 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Well he is Thai :default_ermm: what a wanker, i would'nt pay the c*** either, i can't quite believe his attitude. 

I just told wifey and she called him and he denied he asked for money to visit you and give you a quote, maybe some confusion, did he know he was recommended by an existing customer ?

Maybe he was trying it on, TIT 

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

31 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I just told wifey and she called him and he denied he asked for money to visit you and give you a quote, maybe some confusion, did he know he was recommended by an existing customer ?

Maybe he was trying it on, TIT 

You really are a good bloke following things up to help people !!!!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

You really are a good bloke following things up to help people !!!!

Making up for lost time mate 😄 but i am a firm believer in us farangs helping each other out where we can. I've got some great farang mates here in Korat living local to me and without their help at times i would be f*****

Long may it continue.....

• Thumbs Up 3

13 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

M'lady is out the back butchering pruning the mango trees back ready for rainy season !!

There is a lovely cool breeze blowing out there today !!

You're a lucky man on both fronts lol

• Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

You're a lucky man on both fronts lol

She gave it a good hammering mate. Check out the leaves and branches on the deck! Behind are two jack fruit trees doing well and behind that the her coconuts are looking good too !!!

image.jpeg

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Thumbs Up 5

2 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

She gave it a good hammering mate. Check out the leaves and branches on the deck! Behind are two jack fruit trees doing well and behind that the her coconuts are looking good too !!!

image.jpeg

Your lucky to have her mate, i trust she takes good care of your coconuts ? lol 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Your lucky to have her mate, i trust she takes good care of your coconuts ? lol 

Me and her 40 year old son were laughing together watching her cut down the old coconuts from last year.

She can swing a machete when needs be and watching the coconuts fall to the ground was enough to keep us in place !!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

23 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

You're a lucky man

Before jumping back into village life I sought advice from @forcebwithu and with that I decided to go ahead with the move.

I had to understand why I failed in other villages first though and be sure it wasn't repeated. (the first failed because of me drinking too much Lao Khao ..the second was because of the in-laws).

I am indeed a lucky man mate!!

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1