Gardeners in Korat

52 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Me and her 40 year old son were laughing together watching her cut down the old coconuts from last year.

She can swing a machete when needs be and watching the coconuts fall to the ground was enough to keep us in place !!!!

Now that is very worrying lol

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

(the first failed because of me drinking too much Lao Khao

I can quite understand, i've had a few Lao Khao sessions in wifey's village along with her brothers and friends, its a very potent drink ime.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

You really are a good bloke following things up to help people !!!!

I fully agree and genuinely appreciate the effort and time put in to help me. You don't get that very often nowadays.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I can quite understand, i've had a few Lao Khao sessions in wifey's village along with her brothers and friends, its a very potent drink ime.

Yep, that was when I moved to the Kap Choeng area in '97... a period of time when there really was fuckall to do in the village !!

• Thumbs Up 1

@Pumpuynarak Beautiful yard Cliff.....well done. We pay 500 baht per month for 24/7 security, one way in, one way out, with that though, every Sat the village street sweepers come by on foot and clean up every house in front of leaves, other various debris etc. If you want more, you have to pay them to come inside your yard for various things. Do you have that too there? 

Love your huge lot, unfortunately at wifey's house here, none of them are that large.....I trim the few things she does have.....but not in this fucking weather LOL! This tree here, I was out there for 10 minutes the other day.....that was it. It can wait LOL! 

Your wife is looking great these days.....it's hot outside now, don't be out chasing her around the front yard with a "woodie" The neighbors might see you :default_458:

IMG_2571.JPG

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

@Pumpuynarak Beautiful yard Cliff.....well done. We pay 500 baht per month for 24/7 security, one way in, one way out, with that though, every Sat the village street sweepers come by on foot and clean up every house in front of leaves, other various debris etc. If you want more, you have to pay them to come inside your yard for various things. Do you have that too there? 

Love your huge lot, unfortunately at wifey's house here, none of them are that large.....I trim the few things she does have.....but not in this fucking weather LOL! This tree here, I was out there for 10 minutes the other day.....that was it. It can wait LOL! 

Your wife is looking great these days.....it's hot outside now, don't be out chasing her around the front yard with a "woodie" The neighbors might see you :default_458:

IMG_2571.JPG

Thanks Mike, nahh we don't get any assistance with cleaning the road or security, our Thai neighbours just won't pay for it. The road imo looks a mess well other than our frontage which wifey regularly cleans, you won't ever get me out there cleaning or tending to the garden its just toooooooo damn hot !!!

Our gardener comes twice a month and we pay him 1200bht for the big job (4-5 hours) and 500bht for the small version (2 hours). The standard of his work is not up to English standards but for what we are paying its ok, he don't know what a fork or a spade is for tending the flower beds/lawn edging, he just uses a Thai type tool that i've never seen before and needless to say it don't end up looking as good as it could. TIT mate :default_ermm:

When we bought our house we bought two plots of land, one for the house and one for the garden but now after 17 years of ownership we have a few major refurbishment jobs needing doing but we just can't get suitably competent workers to carry out, one of the problems with living in Korat/Isaan.

Yep just like your wifey my wifey looks after herself in every respect and we reap the rewards ehh lol

Coming to Thailand and meeting our ladies was akin to winning the lotto imo lol

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 4/23/2024 at 2:09 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

I just told wifey and she called him and he denied he asked for money to visit you and give you a quote, maybe some confusion, did he know he was recommended by an existing customer ?

Maybe he was trying it on, TIT 

Maybe we could get him by asking him to call Mrs TT? 

On 4/26/2024 at 9:46 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

Thanks Mike, nahh we don't get any assistance with cleaning the road or security, our Thai neighbours just won't pay for it. The road imo looks a mess well other than our frontage which wifey regularly cleans, you won't ever get me out there cleaning or tending to the garden its just toooooooo damn hot !!!

Our gardener comes twice a month and we pay him 1200bht for the big job (4-5 hours) and 500bht for the small version (2 hours). The standard of his work is not up to English standards but for what we are paying its ok, he don't know what a fork or a spade is for tending the flower beds/lawn edging, he just uses a Thai type tool that i've never seen before and needless to say it don't end up looking as good as it could. TIT mate :default_ermm:

When we bought our house we bought two plots of land, one for the house and one for the garden but now after 17 years of ownership we have a few major refurbishment jobs needing doing but we just can't get suitably competent workers to carry out, one of the problems with living in Korat/Isaan.

Yep just like your wifey my wifey looks after herself in every respect and we reap the rewards ehh lol

Coming to Thailand and meeting our ladies was akin  to winning the lotto imo lol

Hi khun PP.

My wife's son did our extension and roofing and did a nit half bad job of it too. He doesn't speak our tongue so you would have to go through (sorry) Mrs PP but his work was quick and,from what I can see, pretty good quality certainly comparable to the UK.

Let me know if it is of interest and I will see how busy he is. He lives in chock chai as does most of his team. He was deeply involved in the suratnaree development but does smaller jobs too. 

I found his prices were not bad either 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, ThaiTim said:

Hi khun PP.

My wife's son did our extension and roofing and did a nit half bad job of it too. He doesn't speak our tongue so you would have to go through (sorry) Mrs PP but his work was quick and,from what I can see, pretty good quality certainly comparable to the UK.

Let me know if it is of interest and I will see how busy he is. He lives in chock chai as does most of his team. He was deeply involved in the suratnaree development but does smaller jobs too. 

Not half bad / pretty good (attached the Thai kitchen and the secondary roofing)

1701957190735.jpg

1701957190590.jpg

20240220_175820.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

10 minutes ago, ThaiTim said:

Hi khun PP.

@ThaiTim, your previous post with a personal phone number may not be such a good idea on a public forum. Too many nutters out there that could end up causing you grief. If you'd like the post to disappear, suggest using the Report button and ask the mods to delete it.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, ThaiTim said:

Hi khun PP.

Thank you so much, i am more than interested. The first job i would like done is the refurbishment of our bathrooms, the tile grouting etc, i then need the garden wall repainting and the list goes on...i'm more than happy to wait until he can do.

I'm quite happy paying a good price for a good job. I have to say the work he has done for you looks a great professional job, just what i am looking for.

House.PNG

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks @the force, have done as suggested. Much appreciated.

Khun PP I will ask Mrs TT to get her lad to get in touch. Now the problem, how do we do that?

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

@ThaiTim, your previous post with a personal phone number may not be such a good idea on a public forum. Too many nutters out there that could end up causing you grief. If you'd like the post to disappear, suggest using the Report button and ask the mods to delete it.

I have now removed the personal telephone number. 

• Thanks 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, ThaiTim said:

Thanks @the force, have done as suggested. Much appreciated.

Khun PP I will ask Mrs TT to get her lad to get in touch. Now the problem, how do we do that?

Hover the cursor over the BM's avatar and when you get the pop up window click on Message to send a PM with private contact info.

image.png

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I think his work and your gaff looks brill :default_goodjob:

Thank you very much. It was a dream that Mrs TT and I had. Reality was more expensive than the dream and now we are stuck with a lovely town house, fully westernised and beautifully decorated that we are trying to shift.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, ThaiTim said:

Thank you very much. It was a dream that Mrs TT and I had. Reality was more expensive than the dream and now we are stuck with a lovely town house, fully westernised and beautifully decorated that we are trying to shift.

Providing its priced correctly i would'nt have thought you would have any problems selling, i'd be happy buying it :default_goodjob: 

57 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Providing its priced correctly i would'nt have thought you would have any problems selling, i'd be happy buying it :default_goodjob: 

I am mid way in redecorating inside. It is at Rung Arun Village just behind Hoepro opposite Lotus in Huathalae. Providing an agreement on price can be reached we will throw in a new us style fridge, quality master bedroom furniture from Major, a TV washing machine (front loader) gas hob. Water filters, pump, italian sofa the list is huge. How about I send you a few photos?

Cheers

Tim

Just now, ThaiTim said:

I am mid way in redecorating inside. It is at Rung Arun Village just behind Hoepro opposite Lotus in Huathalae. Providing an agreement on price can be reached we will throw in a new us style fridge, quality master bedroom furniture from Major, a TV washing machine (front loader) gas hob. Water filters, pump, italian sofa the list is huge. How about I send you a few photos?

Cheers

Tim

Homepro..