Respiratory Illness Making the Rounds in Pattaya ?

ChiFlyer

I have been battling a respiratory infection of some kind for about 10 days now. IIRC @forcebwithu reported a similar situation a few weeks back. This thing is kicking my ass some days. I must have slept 16 hours yesterday. Symptoms are respiratory congestion to the point that one's diaphragm starts to hurt from all the coughing, headaches, some dizziness, and lack of energy. 

The Mrs had this starting about a week ahead of me, so I am pretty sure where I caught it. She is still not fully recovered. Her bout was worse than mine. She went to a clinic and they told her she was having a Long Covid episode. To the best of my knowledge Long Covid is not transmittable. I am calling quack on the doc. Also, I have never had Covid, so from what I understand it would be impossible that I am also having a Long Covid episode. Make that quack, quack on the doc.

Edited by ChiFlyer

In the news yesterday.

PM urges vigilance after Covid-19 surge

"Dr Manoon Leechawengwongs, a pulmonologist at Vichaiyut Hospital, said that despite the new sub-variant, the disease is now of weak severity, with the symptoms mostly being infections in the upper part of the respiratory tract, or throat and nose, rather than an infection in the lower part of the system -- the lungs and bronchia."

• Great Info 3

1 hour ago, ChiFlyer said:

I have been battling a respiratory infection of some kind for about 10 days now. IIRC @forcebwithu reported a similar situation a few weeks back. This thing is kicking my ass some days. I must have slept 16 hours yesterday. Symptoms are respiratory congestion to the point that one's diaphragm starts to hurt from all the coughing, headaches, some dizziness, and lack of energy. 

The Mrs had this starting about a week ahead of me, so I am pretty sure where I caught it. She is still not fully recovered. Her bout was worse than mine. She went to a clinic and they told her she was having a Long Covid episode. To the best of my knowledge Long Covid is not transmittable. I am calling quack on the doc. Also, I have never had Covid, so from what I understand it would be impossible that I am also having a Long Covid episode. Make that quack, quack on the doc.

A new strain of covid was doing the rounds in Bkk just as I left.

Several guys and gals in the pool circuit had it in various stages of illness.

• Sad 1