Post a random pic you took in Thailand

Sangsom

12 hours ago, boydeste said:

20231126_150056.jpg

Reminds me of looking for fruit and veg that looked vaguely familiar to me in the old Morning Market in Hua Hin back in 1998/9

I looked each morning whilst the wife whipped around getting her Thai food etc, but I was always disappointed.

Then finally, one morning, I spotted a small box of potatoes that actually resembled the type of potatoes I was used to back in Blighty, spuds I could actually cut up and deep fry as home cooked chips.

My mouth was actually salivating at the thought. 
I bought the lot and stuffed them in a bag and set off to find the wife to show her the treasure I’d discovered. She wasn’t at all impressed, but I wasn’t downhearted in the least. 
We jumped in the car and I sped off home, eager to get the spuds peeled and a wok with oil on the go and smell the smell of vinegar on chips again.

Imagine my disgust, when the first peeling fell to the table to reveal that the potatoes I’d bought were fucking bright yellow inside and I instinctively knew they wouldn’t taste like the chips I craved for.

Life can be so full of disappointment. 😟😡

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

Reminds me of looking for fruit and veg that looked vaguely familiar to me in the old Morning Market in Hua Hin back in 1998/9

During that period I would buy my spuds by the sack full from deep inside the Naklua fish market then pop into Best supermarket for wine before heading back up to Surin.... In fact that was the only reason I visited Pattaya ..........OK that last bit is a lie ....

3 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

During that period I would buy my spuds by the sack full from deep inside the Naklua fish market then pop into Best supermarket for wine before heading back up to Surin.... In fact that was the only reason I visited Pattaya ..........OK that last bit is a lie ....

Ok go on and rub it in ya bastard. 😉

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, lazarus said:

bangkok archives...

20110711-IMG_6217.jpg

20110711-IMG_6220.jpg

20110711-IMG_6271.jpg

20110716-IMG_6588.jpg

20110716-IMG_6451.jpg

20110716-IMG_6471.jpg

20110716-IMG_6577.jpg

20110716-IMG_6628.jpg

20110726-IMG_7917.jpg

20110726-IMG_7913.jpg

After the first 2 photos I thought maybe you have turned.

Would you mind in future to commence your posts with some pictures of the local beauties please.

Edited by thegrogmonster
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3