What are you listening to right now?

Krapow

3 hours ago, Kathmandu said:

The Boss.

Now that takes me back :) 1977, my mate got use of his grannies lime green Toyota Corolla every weekend. Cruising (cough) with windows down, wayfarers on, and Bruce blaring. Prize plonkers we must have looked 555

7 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Watching TOTP 1986

Still remember that being on TOTP when he starts rolling on the floor.

Absolute brilliant album that House Sound Of Chicago and the start of it all.

Edited by roomark
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, roomark said:

Where were you?

At the time, parking on my driveway. 🤣

I have a couple of hundred favorite songs on a memory stick in the car and that just happened to be the one playing.

It has particular sentimental meaning to me.

I purchased the original Oasis CD at the Airport as I was departing for a holiday in Spain with my wife. It was the last holiday we all had together before my wife's illness made that impossible and we both repeatably listened to the album on a walkman whilst laying by the pool.

On a lighter note I was about 37 at the time and had finished playing football about a year before. They announced over the tannoy at the Hotel that the five-a-side football competition would be starting in 15 minutes. My wife begged me not to play but I said I would just go and have a look. An hour or so later I returned limping very badly having tweaked a hamstring and dreading the "I told you not to play" earbending. 😬

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, roomark said:

Wish I could say the same looking out the window @7.10am on a rainy Monday facing work 🤣🤣

I know that feeling,kinda,going offshore 5,30 am check in,last week when i stayed in manchester 1 night was pissin doon and next day lol always rains doon that way almost worse than scotland,have a good day mate.

• Thanks 1

listening to Marina / Marina and the Diamonds - sort of a modern day Kate Bush - amazing voice, amazing live (utterly enthralling!!!!) saw her in london in around 2012-13
songs are haunting and hard hitting emotionally. Some stuff is a bit 'out there' but most of her stuff is simply amazing - and live infinitely listenable! (that's enough bullshit bingo words for the moment :))

Some of my favorite tracks...

MARINA AND THE DIAMONDS - I’m A Ruin [Acoustic] - YouTube

Marina and The Diamonds | Lollapalooza Chile 2016 - YouTube - 16 mins - teen idol - 43 - im a ruin are the highlights

MARINA AND THE DIAMONDS - Lies [Acoustic] - YouTube - lies 

MARINA AND THE DIAMONDS - Homewrecker [Acoustic] - YouTube home wrecker

my favorite - Clean Bandit - Baby (feat. Marina & Luis Fonsi) [Official Video] - YouTube 

Edited by Chappo