What are you listening to right now?

Krapow

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Your post elsewhere being stuck in a train station took me here ...

In the 90s driving my company Mitsu Lancer through the roadworks from Bangkok to Pattaya with this blaring ... !!

I was just waiting for my train. I arrieved 10 minuttes before my train so i had a chance to listen to some trains on the other platforms...

Was going to a neighbouring city a short 12 minutte train journwy away to look at a new oven....

Now listening to a bus engine - biogas - to take me home again...

• Thumbs Up 1

"Funeral for a Friend" - Elton John

This song always hits home hard. As my best friend was I huge Elton fan. He died a couple of years ago when I was in Patts. I still haven't really gotten over it, still can't believe it. Miss ya Bro.

Edited by Glasseye

15 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Glass, Big Chicago fan, always have been. Saw all the "originals" back in March 1976 at The Cow Palace here in the bay area. The night before I saw "The Who" at Winterland...one hell of a week-end. 

Sadly, Terry Kath accidentally killed himself fucking around with a gun in front of friends and Chicago was never the same you know.

55 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Glass, Big Chicago fan, always have been. Saw all the "originals" back in March 1976 at The Cow Palace here in the bay area. The night before I saw "The Who" at Winterland...one hell of a week-end. 

Sadly, Terry Kath accidentally killed himself fucking around with a gun in front of friends and Chicago was never the same you know.

Yes.... That was an absolute tragedy, as are all gun related incidents.

But, they have endured for years and I do indeed love all of their music. Even some of their corny pop songs. Like this one....lol

BTW - That was a hell of a one two punch weekend for you. Chicago and The Who.... Can't get much better than that.

I also saw The Who in '76 at the Chicago Stadium. One of the first "big" concerts I ever attended. It was amazing. 

They were backed up by Toots and the Maytals a big Reggae band at the time. It was my introduction to Reggae which I love, great stuff....

Chicago was a huge hub for Reggae (similar to how it was a key city for the introduction of both Blues and then later Jazz especially around that time. Then later hugely influential throughout the world, and continues even today). There was a bar called The Wild Hare that had live "up and coming " Reggae bands. Great place, tremendous vibe.

I was fortunate enough to score first row seats to see Bob Marley at the Chicago Auditorium, also back around that time. Something I will never forget.

Edited by Glasseye
  • Like 1