What are you listening to right now?

Krapow

39 minutes ago, Trip said:

A couple of legendary talents there. 

David Gates has an incredible voice. Have a look at Glenn Campbell's facial expressions at the beginning of the first line. Says it all.

and

Glenn Campbell, well heck, he's Glenn Campbell. Need I say more ?

Studio version of the first song of the medley...

Edited by Glasseye
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/15/2024 at 4:18 AM, Krapow said:

This was the other day, how good does the band and this still sound, great version.

I'm heading to the market now. I will certainly listen to this later with the headphones on and I have a proper buzz on.

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Just started watching the really excellent series called Lessons In Chemistry. In the first episode I had a good laugh at the lyrics in one of the songs played.

Looked it up and found the singer and song. Great song.

"Daughter poisoned all the chickens"    lol

Good one mate.

If you have not yet had the pleasure of watching the HBO series "Boardwalk Empire" I highly recommend. Even if just for the music. Best series I have ever enjoyed.

6 hours ago, Glasseye said:

"Daughter poisoned all the chickens"    lol

Good one mate.

If you have not yet had the pleasure of watching the HBO series "Boardwalk Empire" I highly recommend. Even if just for the music. Best series I have ever enjoyed.

That's the line in the song that caught my attention and had me scurrying to find the singer and song. Here's a link to the song's lyrics.

Boardwalk Empire, another great series I binged watched.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

That's the line in the song that caught my attention and had me scurrying to find the singer and song. Here's a link to the song's lyrics.

It appears we have several things in common mate.

Cheers !

16 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I am a fan of Boardwalk Empire as well. Underrated series IMO. It is based on an actual person. The Steve Buscemi character is based upon an actual person "Enoch Lewis "Nucky" Johnson" who was an infamous Atlantic City political manipulator with ties to the mob who eventually did prison time. He was not assassinated as shown in the TV show.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enoch_L._Johnson

• Great Info 1