How do you activate your account.. ?

Before you can login, you must active your account by clicking on the link sent to your email address.

If you did not receive this email, please check your junk/spam folder. If you entered an incorrect email address, you will need to re-register with the correct email address.

If you are waiting to activate your account you can resent the activation e-mail or change your e-mail address.

Sign in to follow this  
Aqualung

Are you an instrumentalist ?

Can you play an instrument to a decent level BMs ? If you can ,kudos to you because I'm useless even though ive dabbled in the past. 

I feel kind of a let down as both my late father and my uncle both played instruments to a good level . My father was a competent flautist and euphonium player and played in brass bands as a younger man . The same went for my uncle ,a trombonist in a well known show band called Sounds 18. He was also a trombonist in the Scots Guards based in London.

as for myself ive dabbled with the drums and the guitar .....both massive failures . But I'm still the best around at the air guitar and air drums lol ! 

I know Pump likes the guitar and Yessongs lad has a collection of nice looking guitars .any others like to play a tune or two ? 

• Like 3

I can play rhythm on the guitar on acoustic or electric. Been playing for 40 years or so. I taught myself how to play by ear as I cannot read music.  Sold my Fender Stratocaster years ago, but I still pick up my Ovation acoustic and play now and then. 

• Like 2

I play in a rock band. Guitarist and also play keyboards. We only play or fun and gig every now and then but its great fun. I collect guitars, Fenders, Gibsons, Gretch etc and also fix them up. I recently bought a Fender American Special Strat to add to my collection. It plays great but its a bit heavier than some Strats but has great Texas Special PUPs which give out that nice SRV sound. I alo have an 88 note Stage Piano and 2 Korg synths 

• Like 2

I play the xylophone but haven't picked it up since the Rolf Harris scandal.  

16_1.jpg

Edited by ArtyGraph
  • Haha 7

bass was my choice, but havent played in public for at least5 yrs due to work and getting old.  i loved the feel and sound of bass.  was competant but not an expert

• Like 1

Just now, tommy dee said:

bass was my choice, but havent played in public for at least5 yrs due to work and getting old.  i loved the feel and sound of bass.  was competant but not an expert

Had a bass in my teens,but i have short fingers so made it a struggle playing near the headstock,so ended up selling it.

• Like 1

I played the a kettle drum in 1st year I high school band and spent 6mths or so learning to drum before being excepted, in a pipe and drum band 4 nights a week and heaps of hours on weekend,but refused to join up when I found out how much it was going to cost my parents for a kilt and drum, couple of thousand quid back in mid 50s,

never played them again if I never hear "mama dada" beat on a drum kit again I would be very happy

regards

grayray

34 minutes ago, grayray said:

I played the a kettle drum in 1st year I high school band and spent 6mths or so learning to drum before being excepted, in a pipe and drum band 4 nights a week and heaps of hours on weekend,but refused to join up when I found out how much it was going to cost my parents for a kilt and drum, couple of thousand quid back in mid 50s,

never played them again if I never hear "mama dada" beat on a drum kit again I would be very happy

regards

grayray

Namps told me you were a master of the rusty trombone.😀

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, galenkia said:

Namps told me you were a master of the rusty trombone.😀

Gal

becareful, I don't know if Namps can be trusted,he being a good bloke,scares me.

Iam used to drop kicks,toerags and bent bastards,i know exactly where I stand with those lowlifes:default_fish:

regards

grayray

Any night of the week I sure you can find some harpists among our membership.

37 minutes ago, Rumbleg said:

I can play the triangle.

That is so square.

Edited by fygjam

Play some harmonica, but I'll leave it to people who've heard me to judge whether I play to a decent level.  Haven't played in public in a long time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Rompho Ray said:

Play some harmonica, but I'll leave it to people who've heard me to judge whether I play to a decent level.  Haven't played in public in a long time.

Have never heard a first hand account that didn't say you were way more than decent....10 plus years later I am still waiting for my chance to hear!

10 minutes ago, STARGAZER said:

Have never heard a first hand account that didn't say you were way more than decent....10 plus years later I am still waiting for my chance to hear!

Sadly, I find that the music scene here is oddly lacking, so I haven't really been bothered to get "back in shape".  I suspect that it might be better in Charleston proper, but I don't spend any time there as of yet.  Also note that I start work at 6:00AM, so don't sashay around to open mike nights like I used to.

Was a concert standard tuba player , both brass band and orchestral, up until my mid 30s.... then a back injury put paid to that. Christmas was always lucrative... 

7 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Does anyone play the Pink Oboe here ? 😃

Apart from yourself you mean?

Sign in to follow this