Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

14 hours ago, Butch said:

Question Gents.

Has the large "beach club" themed place in Treetown gone?. I heard there was a big amount of money invested in it, but I didn't see it open last trip, or if it was open, it was quiet. Did anyone get to go there?.

Secondly, I stumbled on this video from Pandemic times Daz features Tree Town just after the bars were built along the back strip, what a difference a couple of years make!

"Everything Pattaya" is a good YT vlogger, I like his chilled out delivery and pace of the vids.

The Beach Club, now called Pattaya Beach Please is open. Not been there myself, but @Blue Streak by his posts has been enjoying the place. 

On 8/31/2023 at 5:14 PM, Blue Streak said:

20230831_011653.jpg

On 8/30/2023 at 9:29 PM, Blue Streak said:

20230806_014153.jpg

On 8/29/2023 at 12:26 PM, Blue Streak said:

20230825_013256.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Then the project is dead ... the same as all "community projects" that have been suggested in Pothole and LK Metro since the 90s....

I seem to recall a few years ago reading the "Association" collected money to do a proper resurfacing job and the collector of the money promptly disappeared with the money.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I seem to recall a few years ago reading the "Association" collected money to do a proper resurfacing job and the collector of the money promptly disappeared with the money.

I remember when LK was mainly bars and they were going to have a discount card to retain the customers that visited the area... That idea was binned for a crappy "Benny Hill" advertisement on Sophon ....

27 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Has anyone visited LK Angels which has been open for a few months now on Metro?

Apparently it's a 2 floor set up. Not seen any reviews yet. 

I presume that the second floor is for slightly naughtier activities if It's the same format as Kink etc

7 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Thanks

Must have missed that first time around. On my list of places along with as many Gay bars as I can find, to check out in a few weeks time. 

Obviously I am disgusted by female nudity and will stick to ground level 😁😁

I've edited some punctuation in your post mate, you know, to make it easier to read...

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Oh the irony !!

Making it a special thing to do things behind closed doors .... exactly what it was like before Flowers got involved ...

9 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Fire on Soi 6 is trying something different. They're going to use the 2nd floor bar area as an afternoon GC called Fired UP. Opening next Saturday.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61550950266562&mibextid=D4KYlr

image.jpeg

On Friday's they're closed for their VIP parties.

image.jpeg

Not sure if the idea of a GC on the 6 is a good one, in some ways places like Red Point et al were kind of loosely operating as such (or used to operate , A/C beer bar where you can spend a bit of time and have afternoon fun).

This might sound daft, but my idea of a good GC in its day was the Winchester in Jomtien and Jade House when it started, rather than just being an A/C beer bar which opens early, you could get a decent feed in there, they had BBQ afternoons, drink promotions, good music and a general party atmosphere. The girls were engaging and not pushy, prices were reasonable.

If NWG can get the formula right, then this might be a pretty good venue with some potential, but it does need a bit of experience managing it and also the manager to be given a fair bit of remit to change stuff as he sees fit and adapt to his customers. However, I know jack about running a bar, so that's my opinion rather than a statement of fact.

Although the tickets are limited, it should really offer some more detail. spunking 900 baht on a ticket with no other details is not going to get me to sign up anytime soon. Exclusive and expensive doesn't always translate into a good thing, as a few guys on a submersible recently found out.

I'll give it a visit on my next trip and report back.

Edited by Butch
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I query the fact they are called Gentlemen's Clubs to start with. I suppose it sound better than "knocking shop" 

A far cry from a proper Gentleman's Club in Mayfair, where wealthy, public school educated  gentlemen dressed in tweeds, sit on Chesterfield furniture,  read the Times newspaper and FT, drink copious amounts of spirits in an environment where absolutely NO women are permitted.  😁

¹

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I query the fact they are called Gentlemen's Clubs to start with. I suppose it sound better than "knocking shop" 

A far cry from a proper Gentleman's Club in Mayfair, where wealthy, public school educated  gentlemen dressed in tweeds, sit on Chesterfield furniture,  read the Times newspaper and FT, drink copious amounts of spirits in an environment where absolutely NO women are permitted.  😁

¹

"wireless" lol, like the big ears as well lol.

we need more places like this.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Butch said:

1) If NWG can get the formula right, then this might be a pretty good venue with some potential,

2) Although the tickets are limited, it should really offer some more detail. spunking 900 baht on a ticket with no other details is not going to get me to sign up anytime soon. 

I'll give it a visit on my next trip and report back.

1) Its owned and run by a couple of Aussies blokes. One of them also has a share in the Hollywood bar which has been running about a year and is 4 or 5 bars up Soi 6 on the same side of the road.

2) Its not really my thing either, ie staying in one bar for 3 hours but they have a thread with details over on our sister site, Pattaya addicts.

900 Baht gets you free booze for the 3 hours (believe this is beer or local spirits etc) plus food after the first 2 hours, ie Pizza etc, plus the first rack of 5 shots for the ladies.

Then its up you and the ladies what happens etc.

So I might try it after all. They look like they have a reasonable line up. 😋

Hollywood and Fire are trying different things and have active management. No 'man' drinks (for male bar managers etc) and no 'drinks only girls'. The girls still decide who they 'go' with (or not) of course.

Edited by Zeb
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Zeb said:

1) Its owned and run by a couple of Aussies blokes. One of them also has a share in the Hollywood bar which has been running about a tear and is 4 or 5 bars up Soi 6 on the same side of the road.

2) Its not really my thing either, ie staying in one bar for 3 hours but they have a thread over on our sister site, Pattaya addicts.

900 Baht gets you free booze for the 3 hours (believe this is beer or local spirits etc) plus food after the first 2 hours, ie Pizza etc, plus the first rack of 5 shots for the ladies.

So I try it after all.

Hollywood and Fire are trying different things and have active management. No 'man' drinks (for male bar managers etc) and no 'drinks only girls'. The girls still decide who they 'go' with of course.

Ahh...I stand corrected then. sorry I associated it with NWG at first glance

That sounds like a pretty decent formula to be fair. 900 baht is about £23, so for 3 hours of beers, even at 100 baht a bottle  or draft, and 3 bottles or glasses an hour then you can cover the cost. Factor in the food as well and a rack of LD's and it is actually pretty spanking value.

Hey, that's good to hear and I'll definitely give it a look on my next trip if that is indeed the case.

Good call @Zeb, cheers mate.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Zeb said:

1) Its owned and run by a couple of Aussies blokes. One of them also has a share in the Hollywood bar which has been running about a year and is 4 or 5 bars up Soi 6 on the same side of the road.

2) Its not really my thing either, ie staying in one bar for 3 hours but they have a thread with details over on our sister site, Pattaya addicts.

So I might try it after all. They look like they have a reasonable line up. 😋

Hollywood and Fire are trying different things and have active management. No 'man' drinks (for male bar managers etc) and no 'drinks only girls'. The girls still decide who they 'go' with (or not) of course.

Thanks Zeb, a good summary on those running the place and what you get for your money. I do agree it would be better if they put more details on the flyer as it is a good deal, if lock ins interest you.

I posted the flyers here as I can tell from their posts on PA they're working hard to differientate themselves from the other cookie cutter bars. I wish them success in that endeavor.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

So they want to remove the signs in Soi Cowboy too.....The war against Neon and nightlife continues....

And widen Soi Cowboy for no reason what-so-ever  just like Beach Road..

To kill the vibe is the purpose.....And the prime directive...

I have not been keeping up with Phuket but 100% this will happen there too...

https://www.stickmanbangkok.com/weekly-column/2023/08/stickman-weekly-august-27-2023/

The controversial proposal to widen Soi Cowboy – and demolish the Neon Alley’s outside bars – is not only still alive, but could begin in early November. Those charged with getting this done were out taking measurements of the street on Thursday. This is real. The timing of the highly disruptive roadwork – something residents and visitors in Pattaya know all too well – makes you scratch your head, with Soi Cowboy likely to be dug up throughout high season. But it’s also dry season, which is why so much roadwork is done during those months. The proposal – which would see Soi Cowboy doubled in width, overhead power lines and low-hanging signs removed and (finally) a modern drainage system installed – is highly controversial among bar owners. But the anger ratcheted up another notch this week when it was disclosed that patio bars on only one side of the street may fall to the bulldozers. You can just imagine the anger that will cause!

Edited by fforest
  • Sad 3
  • Surprised 1

12 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Yep Mike, they've ruined WS and now they want to ruin SC, my opinion of course. 

Yep...They want to kill the fun and turn Thailand into another Singapore....

Of everything they have done what they did to Beach Road is what I have hated the most...I used to love, love spending hours every day there...Now I can hardly be assed to even go there...

There used to be some real characters hanging around Beach Road....

Remember the guy always walking around with a Parrot.....Or all the Chess players.....Or the bicycle coffee girl...Or all those coffin dogers having a group pow-wow every afternoon in that extended walkway area .......loads more.......They are all gone now...

Edited by fforest
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, fforest said:

Yep...They want to kill the fun and turn Thailand into another Singapore....

Of everything they have done what they did to Beach Road is what I have hated the most...I used to love, love spending hours every day there...Now I can hardly be assed to even go there...

There used to be some real characters hanging around Beach Road....

Remember the guy always walking around with a Parrot.....Or all the Chess players.....Or the bicycle coffee girl...Or all those coffin dogers having a group pow-wow every afternoon in that extended walkway area .......loads more.......They are all gone now...

I did see a couple of chess players back in April, along with a few old guys sitting around chatting, but the numbers were hardly huge. Maybe a maximum of 3 or 4.

Times are changing. This upcoming trip might be my last for a while, We're concentrating on the retirement set up in the Philippines for the next 5 years anyway.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2