Is it raining in Pattaya? (Threads Merged)

john luke

23 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Intense thunderstorm moving through the area now. Lightening strike on a tower about 50m from my house got one of my dogs climbing the wall to escape.

image.png

Pretty torrential here at the moment.  No photograph but some sparks visible on one of the overhead electrical wires just near the gate to the condo complex.

36 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Intense thunderstorm moving through the area now. Lightening strike on a tower about 50m from my house got one of my dogs climbing the wall to escape.

image.png

Another data point in the fallacy lightening doesn't strike the same place twice. The tower just got hit again.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, greasy spoon said:

24 mm of rain yesterday

total nov 78.6mm [av 7omm] 

total this year 1342,6mm ;[av 1112mm]

so 230 mm up on average rainfall  so 14.3 inches above normal

Good info. Many thanks and where did you find this info please ??

7 minutes ago, Happy Man said:

Had about 20 minutes of heavy rain here on Khao Noi. Crazy thing about it was bright sun shine doing the down pour. T I T...only in Pattaya

I've noticed on several occasions I'll start out on my morning bike ride from central Pattaya and when I get near the crest of Khao Noi or Khao Talo I'll end up riding through rain. Very localized. Probably because the prevailing winds hit the higher elevation and dump their moisture before passing on to the other side. 

• Thumbs Up 2