Is it raining in Pattaya? (Threads Merged)

john luke

Winds kicking up like a mofo all afternoon up here in CM. Still no rain. Pisses me off because I was getting ready to do an hour walk down to the market and back.

Would have happily sat on my ass if we got some rain, but still no go.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We just had a most pleasant hour of rain in Pattaya, it's cooled the air down nicely from 36° C before to just 30° C now. Blessed relief from the excessive heat of late.

I'll do my Oliver Twist impersonation and say, 'Please, can we have some more?'

• Like 2

Lightning hit my house and one of the fuses tripped. Can't rack it in again, so there must be a short circuit. In addition, a bit later the main power went down. Waiting for the sparky. What will happen next?

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, CampariO said:

Lightning hit my house and one of the fuses tripped. Can't rack it in again, so there must be a short circuit. In addition, a bit later the main power went down. Waiting for the sparky. What will happen next?

popcorn-cool.gif

Good luck with it!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CampariO said:

Go fly a kite.

1 hour ago, CampariO said:

Have comfort in that the fuse/trip did it's job and your house hasn't burnt down.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Poor thing!

It was a very heavy and very "noisy" thunderstorm ..

That poor thing is annoying when she hears thunderboomers. Starts hyperventilating and running around in circles all stressed out. I think she's heading for an early dirt nap due the stress she's inflicting on her body.

One thing I'll be doing is purchasing a kennel to keep her in when we're out and there are thunderstorms forecast for the area. Tired of fixing and replacing the stuff she destroys.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, fygjam said:

Go fly a kite.

Went to Drifters instead. A couple of beer Lao, a pizza and some Margaritas....who needs electricity?

IMG20230509181735.jpg

IMG20230509182809.jpg

IMG20230509185907.jpg

Now back home, the PEA truck just left but still 120 V only, they don't pick up the phone and the deep freezer is at -4°C. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1