Is it raining in Pattaya? (Threads Merged)

john luke

I tried waking up my neighbours on the phone but they didn't pick up so I banged like f**k on their wall..

They rescued 3 motorcye and 1 motorcye+cart but 1 needed to be pushed to safety ... Hope it dries out and starts in the morning...That is their only livelihood !!

2am now ... it's gonna be a long night ..

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

59 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I tried waking up my neighbours on the phone but they didn't pick up so I banged like f**k on their wall..

They rescued 3 motorcye and 1 motorcye+cart but 1 needed to be pushed to safety ... Hope it dries out and starts in the morning...That is their only livelihood !!

2am now ... it's gonna be a long night ..

Stay safe mate. I wish I had a considerate neighbour like your good self as well!.

In my old house, they would bang on the wall for a different reason at 0200.

Edited by Butch
  • Thumbs Up 1

Absolutely pissing it down here in Korat at 5.45am and has been for the last hour. I fear for our house flooding as October here tends to be the worst month of the year. In 2010 whilst wifey and i were in Hua Hin celebrating my 60th BD our neighbour called wifey and said we had 8'' of flooding in the house and our furniture was floating around. 

• Sad 3
  • Surprised 1

11 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Still a moderate amount of rain. Radar shows it coming from the SE. Looks like it may lightening up and maybe end sometime this morning.

Yup, just a light drizzle out there now, and the flooding has receded. I took a stroll with my morning coffee and the storm trench is still flooded because the culvert is too small.

I know in my heart that I should be utilising the light rain to brush off the surface dirt and shit on the road but I'm not really up for it at the moment 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Yup, just a light drizzle out there now, and the flooding has receded. I took a stroll with my morning coffee and the storm trench is still flooded because the culvert is too small.

I know in my heart that I should be utilising the light rain to brush off the surface dirt and shit on the road but I'm not really up for it at the moment 

As long as no damage was done mate, that's all good. My biggest fear of the rain in SEA is 2 fold, first of all, it encourages the critters to come inside the house, and secondly those bloody tiles on the floor outside of our house in the RP are like ice when wet.

I intend to kango them all up and replace with shuttered concrete, and bollocks to the aesthetics.

• Great Info 1

15 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Absolutely pissing it down here in Korat at 5.45am and has been for the last hour. I fear for our house flooding as October here tends to be the worst month of the year. In 2010 whilst wifey and i were in Hua Hin celebrating my 60th BD our neighbour called wifey and said we had 8'' of flooding in the house and our furniture was floating around. 

Hit some minor flooded areas on my ride a couple of days ago, but nothing I couldn't manage.

Last year around this time the Ping River overflowed and made a mess of the area I was living in. Changklan Road was like a river. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Butch said:

As long as no damage was done mate, that's all good. My biggest fear of the rain in SEA is 2 fold, first of all, it encourages the critters to come inside the house, and secondly those bloody tiles on the floor outside of our house in the RP are like ice when wet.

I intend to kango them all up and replace with shuttered concrete, and bollocks to the aesthetics.

Ref. the slippery tiles. I saw a Thai guy pull into a 7/11 I was taking cover in today. He gets off his motorbike along with his two young kids. As they come out of 7/11 the two kids where giggilng about the new rain gear dad had just bought for them. 

As they were walking across the walkway dad (in his flip flops) slipped on the tile and almost took a header. Then he and his two kids got on the motorbike and drove off in the rain.

All I could do was cringe and look the other way, praying that they got away from me before slamming into a truck. Hard for me to watch that kind of thing.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Pissing down now but the government guys came around yesterday to get the pump working that eases the water congestion at the culvert ...I am hopeful!

I was able to complete all of my jobs today too ... primarily a walk to Big C to buy Mont Clair for skulling and some Mc Williams to go with my lamb...

My first food of the day will be 2pm and I've been up since 6am !!!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

It's a good gully washer right now, but from the radar it looks like the storm will be moving through the area fairly quickly.

Yep, yesterday I unblocked the opening to the main street drain in front my mancave , and I've just been out in the pissing rain wearing  my vest and plastic straw hat to make sure all is flowing into it OK ..

Everybody here thinks I'm bonkers !!!

• Haha 2

I'm guessing that it HAS been raining..

I've just woken up from a deep sleep and the road is about 5 inches flooded...!

All my physical efforts walking and doing jobs over the last 7 days, plus one night of no sleep knocked me out !!!

One job I've been doing is carrying my plant pots one at a time over to wasteland and emptying them out because they stank of cat shit !!! ..... ( VVVIPs on here  - Please note!)

21 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I'm guessing that it HAS been raining..

I've just woken up from a deep sleep and the road is about 5 inches flooded...!

All my physical efforts walking and doing jobs over the last 7 days, plus one night of no sleep knocked me out !!!

One job I've been doing is carrying my plant pots one at a time over to wasteland and emptying them out because they stank of cat shit !!! ..... ( VVVIPs on here  - Please note!)

OMG.... cat shit would send me over the edge. Only thing worse is cat piss. One of the worst smells of all time.

Dead rotting bodies, fresh arson scenes, and cat piss smells can make my head snap. Even the memory of such smells can make me squirm.

8 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

OMG.... cat shit would send me over the edge. Only thing worse is cat piss. One of the worst smells of all time.

Dead rotting bodies, fresh arson scenes, and cat piss smells can make my head snap. Even the memory of such smells can make me squirm.

Aaaah yes,  the smell of burning human flesh and petrol bombs ... let's leave it there eh... I'm off for a pint of Mont Clair ...

It has been raining off and on heavily over here in South Huay Yai for over 2 weeks now. I have not been able to use my swimming pool for most of that time. There seems to be a blast that hits late afternoon most days (my preferred swimming time). Also the rain is lowering the temperature of the pool water to the point that it is uncomfortable.

Morning weigh in is ticking up. 😞

Not sure about Pattaya but the missus has shown me some vids from Korat in the last couple of days & a lot of it was under water.

Glad the guy who built our house made sure it was raised & well out of it,my sister-in-laws place opposite was flooded & not for the first time.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Heavy rain with thunder now moving through central Pattaya. Expect any moment now seeing @Derek Dangleberries floating buy on his mattress, a bottle of Sato in hand singing Rain Drops Keep Falling On My Head. 

I'm just back in from my Drain Patrol wearing my plastic straw hat.

I'm quite concerned about my friends' car and motorcyes.. It is a Bhudda Day and they left early on their carts loaded up with garlands and temple stuff leaving the vehicles in the road ... no idea where the keys are ...

• Like 1