Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

I followed a recipe from the 1600s for "Boiled Chicken and Cherries."  Not the prettiest dish I've made- the juice from the cherries gave the sauce and chicken an odd color- but it had a very interesting taste.  

IMG_2724.png

Chicken thighs were boiled in broth and white wine with thyme, parsley, marjoram and rose water (!) as the seasonings.  The thighs were removed from the cooking liquid and the sauce was made by adding cherries and beaten eggs, then boiled until the sauce thicken.  The chicken was shredded and went back into the sauce. The flavors were allowed to meld for an hour.

IMG_2726.png

The chicken and cherries were served like they would have been in the 1600s- on pieces of bread.  I used a hearty ciabatta. It's not a dish I'll make often, but it was different and tasted good.

Evil

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Enjoy mate.......

Something I will never be able to get my head around...    lol

Good, cheap, old fashioned comfort food. I like to jazz mine up by putting butter and marmite on the toast then layer the beans onto the toast with melted cheese. Add Worcestershire sauce, HP sauce (a tamarind based brown sauce) and season with lots of black pepper. 

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1

Lunch at Sizzler (with the sun behind me).

SizzlerSalad.jpg

I haven't been here for about six weeks.  The Australian loin steak is up 50 Baht, the New York strip up 100 Baht. They've added a ribeye for the same price as the strip, but didn't actually have it when I ordered, so back to the loin and extra salad.

SizzlerLoin.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1