Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

Chicken, onion, beansprout and noodle stir-fry,  with soy, honey, lime and ginger sauce. Should have had fresh corriander, but had to use powdered as my fresh stuff was no longer fresh...

20230715_175358.jpg

Edited by Painter
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

53 minutes ago, tko said:

Lunch at Sizzler.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I was at the Central Festival Sizzler last month for lunch and pigged out on the blue cheese (maybe not authentic but it tasted good) and the salad bar special. IIRC about 139 Baht.

Meanwhile a couple of guys came in as I was reloading, and looked to be making an effort to sit in a corner away from others. Both ordered one of the lunch specials, something just under 200 Baht I think, that came with the salad bar. At first I thought it strange that they discretely as they could brought out their own plastic bowls with a roll of saran plastic wrap.

I lingered a while and for a 3rd helping of the blue cheese dressing and learned how to cheap charlie. Both guys kept at the salad bar grazing and had their main course meals boxed up for take away, along with a few snide pieces of pastries and plastic bowls of salad dressing.

Every day is a school day in Pattaya.

• Sad 3
  • Surprised 1

3 hours ago, Trip said:

I was at the Central Festival Sizzler last month for lunch and pigged out on the blue cheese (maybe not authentic but it tasted good) and the salad bar special. IIRC about 139 Baht.

Meanwhile a couple of guys came in as I was reloading, and looked to be making an effort to sit in a corner away from others. Both ordered one of the lunch specials, something just under 200 Baht I think, that came with the salad bar. At first I thought it strange that they discretely as they could brought out their own plastic bowls with a roll of saran plastic wrap.

I lingered a while and for a 3rd helping of the blue cheese dressing and learned how to cheap charlie. Both guys kept at the salad bar grazing and had their main course meals boxed up for take away, along with a few snide pieces of pastries and plastic bowls of salad dressing.

Every day is a school day in Pattaya.

Cheap c#nts. That's what drives prices up for everyone else. Embarrassing. 

So many folks scrimping by on Ramen with a slice of pork if they're lucky. Then you have pricks like this lifting buckets of blue cheese. Scum of the earth IMO.

Edited by Glasseye
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Trip said:

and pigged out on the blue cheese (maybe not authentic but it tasted good) and the salad bar special.

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

Cheap c#nts. That's what drives prices up for everyone else. Embarrassing. 

I'm confused.. What did they do wrong??

- @Trip went up 3 times and "pigged out"..He could have gone 4 or 5 times no problem with that because that is what people do!

- These other chaps pay for a main meal that includes the same buffet. They used the buffet, more or less the same as @Trip and put the food that they paid for in containers to takeaway.

Have I misinterpreted what happened ??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

- @Trip went up 3 times and "pigged out"..He could have gone 4 or 5 times no problem with that because that is what people do!

- These other chaps pay for a main meal that includes the same buffet. They used the buffet, more or less the same as @Trip and put the food that they paid for in containers to takeaway.

Perhaps I misinterpreted.

I got the impression they were packing shit up for extra carry out as they feasted. Maybe I was wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

got the impression they were packing shit up for extra carry out as they feasted.

Perhaps they were ..

A recent post on a thread by @AJSP reminded me of what I used to do on a caravan holiday. I'd go for a buffet Sunday lunch and put the carved meat at the bottom of the plate and load up to the max on roasters and cauliflower cheese etc.. I'd eat all the veggie then take the meat home in a placcy container to eat in a sandwich later.. All those juices made it effing delicious ... but then again I fully admit to being a Cheap Charlie !!

9 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Perhaps they were ..

A recent post on a thread by @AJSP reminded me of what I used to do on a caravan holiday. I'd go for a buffet Sunday lunch and put the carved meat at the bottom of the plate and load up to the max on roasters and cauliflower cheese etc.. I'd eat all the veggie then take the meat home in a placcy container to eat in a sandwich later.. All those juices made it effing delicious ... but then again I fully admit to being a Cheap Charlie !!

Sounds delidious though.

It is very rare that I will go to a buffet type place. Part of the reason I haven't dropped with a heart attack yet. 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I thought emptying containers of salad dressing into bowls they brought from home a bit over the top.

• Thumbs Up 1