Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

I forgot to take photos at Route 66 today, but as we had three starters, we all brought part of our mains home.

Our daughter's Mac & cheese with Kielbasa, the wife's Carne Guisada, and my meatball sub with Cajun fries.

image.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, tko said:

I forgot to take photos at Route 66 today, but as we had three starters, we all brought part of our mains home.

Our daughter's Mac & cheese with Kielbasa, the wife's Carne Guisada, and my meatball sub with Cajun fries.

image.jpeg

Weird, but when I saw the photo I thought, 'single use plastic'. 

Not that I have an issue but I believe we, in the UK, will see all these plastics (including knives, forks etc.,) banned shortly. Seemed to have seen some adverts here in Wales. 

Presume takeaways will now be in paper boxes.

2 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Weird, but when I saw the photo I thought, 'single use plastic'. 

Not that I have an issue but I believe we, in the UK, will see all these plastics (including knives, forks etc.,) banned shortly. Seemed to have seen some adverts here in Wales. 

Presume takeaways will now be in paper boxes.

Thailand would cease to exist if plastic bags, boxes and rubber bands were forbidden.....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Horizondave said:

I noticed when I was in Hua Hin, I now have to pay for my bags at checkout. Might have to bring my 'bag for life' with me on my next trip.

I've "bought" a Sketchers bag, and a couple from Villa and Tops. Am using them for further shopping.In the habit from the UK it's no bother at all.

The charge is something like 5 baht. 

It would be great if they gave them away for free to the locals. Look at me advocating dual pricing🤯

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/19/2023 at 5:24 AM, Lemondropkid said:

Bahn Mi 160 Baht, was so good I wolfed it down, and forgot to put the corriander back on it

20231019_161157.jpg

Been a while for me, guy at the train station I used 3-4 times just closed shop suddenly around the Grand Prix in June.......Was going to grab a 2 for 1 on Uber Eats last month, half price my arse was still over $20 for takeout. Was a lady in a Viet shop Downtown Montreal who I reviewed on Google in 2019, she was only $3.95, another one close to me was $6........Those days are long gone with the pandemic inflation.Was good while it lasted.....but what I learned too is NOT every Viet soup place does the sandwich, they are fairly rare actually

2 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Been a while for me, guy at the train station I used 3-4 times just closed shop suddenly around the Grand Prix in June.......Was going to grab a 2 for 1 on Uber Eats last month, half price my arse was still over $20 for takeout. Was a lady in a Viet shop Downtown Montreal who I reviewed on Google in 2019, she was only $3.95, another one close to me was $6........Those days are long gone with the pandemic inflation.Was good while it lasted.....but what I learned too is NOT every Viet soup place does the sandwich, they are fairly rare actually

If it was really good, I might stretch to $10 CAD for a sandwich, am pretty sure it would cost that if not more in the UK

Price isn't the greateast indicator with a Bahn Mi as they can put some really poor quality meat in them.

The owner of the shop in Hua Hin where I had mine, was South Vietnamese. She insisted they only used decent chicken and meats in their sandwiches. So I paid roughly $6 CAD, or £3.60 GBP. Very decent price for a high quality sandwich.

They were serving Beer Lao IPA too so extra bonus points😀 I'll  return for sure and work my way through the menu.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Lemondropkid said:

Price isn't the greateast indicator with a Bahn Mi as they can put some really poor quality meat in them.

The owner of the shop in Hua Hin where I had mine, was South Vietnamese. She insisted they only used decent chicken and meats in their sandwiches. So I paid roughly $6 CAD, or £3.60 GBP. Very decent price for a high quality sandwich.

They were serving Beer Lao IPA too so extra bonus points😀 I'll  return for sure and work my way through the menu.

Never had the IPA or dark, all I know is the original Gold one is pretty much the best beer ever.....but 13 years ago hard to find because they have to protect their own cash cows, wonder if its widely available now? Last time I believe I had was 2018, 6 pack on NYE cost about$18 CAD, well worth it

The night I got robbed, started off with this, was amazing for a draft pint, make that PINTSSSSSS! From Chicago, maybe @Glasseye has heard of it?

Goose Island IPA - Snappy Delivery

2 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Never had the IPA or dark, all I know is the original Gold one is pretty much the best beer ever.....but 13 years ago hard to find because they have to protect their own cash cows, wonder if its widely available now? Last time I believe I had was 2018, 6 pack on NYE cost about$18 CAD, well worth it

The night I got robbed, started off with this, was amazing for a draft pint, make that PINTSSSSSS! From Chicago, maybe @Glasseye has heard of it?

Goose Island IPA - Snappy Delivery

Beer Lao Dark is a treat.

I wouldn't say either the Dark or the Lager are widely availailable though. Although a friend told me that both Butterflies and Billboard serve it at a bargain 180 Baht😇

Have been to the Goose Island Brew pub, before seeing the Cubs. Both were fantastic, had an Old Fashioned Beer in Wrigley Field, a new one on me.

That was before Goose Island sold their business to AB. Wouldn't buy it in the UK on principle, would rather give my money to one of the smaller independant brewers than a brewing giant. However in Thailand now, and I'd snap you hand off for a pint to it😀

• Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Lemondropkid said:

Wouldn't buy it in the UK on principle, would rather give my money to one of the smaller independant brewers than a brewing giant.

Too fucking true mate!

I'm planning next year's dates to fit in with local Beer Festivals to try out loads of Independent Brewers all in one go.

Also, what has become my favourite pub, changes his ales EVERY WEEK!!! Fantastic choice!!

https://www.britishliondevizes.co.uk/

• Thumbs Up 2