Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

2 hours ago, Lirchenfeld said:

Der Kaiser, Franz Anton Beckenbauer, 78.

One of footballs greatest died yesterday surrounded by family. World champion as a player in 1974 and as a trainer in 1990. European champion as a player in 1972.

As you say one of the all time greats,RIP.

Saw him vs England at Wembley in 1974.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/5/2024 at 4:57 PM, Nightcrawler said:

I am getting a little bit depressed about all these people dying in the age group they were 

I consider myself in God's waiting room and a potential coffin dodger during the next 10 years. 

Gonna make the most of it, before I end up as a candidate for this topic ☹️

I get what you mean, sister died end of December, only 57and in the same year 1990 lost our mom at 54 as well, and our dad at 59.

with my history of addiction I don’t expect to make it to 60, even though I live a very healthy lifestyle.

5 minutes ago, galenkia said:

f**k me there has been so much death lately.

Yeah, I hear you. I lost two good friends recently, both in their late 50s. I've lost track of my friends and family gone in the past decade, or so. 

Makes me want to work on my health a bit (lose a few kilos; exercise more; eat right) and live a longer life (I'm 65yo). Lots of good times ahead...

. . .

Edited by lazarus
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, lazarus said:

Yeah, I here you. I lost two good friends recently, both in their late 50s. I've lost track of friends and faily gone in the past decade or so. 

Makes me want to work on my health a bit (lose a few kilos; exercise more; eat right) and live a longer life (I'm 65yo).

Cancer is our biggest destroyer in my uncles lives and , and killed them in their early to mid ,60’s.

Just part of life sadly.

5 hours ago, Lirchenfeld said:

One of footballs greatest died yesterday surrounded by family. World champion as a player in 1974 and as a trainer in 1990. European champion as a player in 1972.

Not the most favoured player by Leeds fans but give him his due he was a great player for his country ..

RIP

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lirchenfeld said:

Was he a quarterback or a linebacker ?   🙃

• Haha 1

On 1/9/2024 at 6:11 PM, coxyhog said:

Bacterial meningitus,the same that did for Jeff Beck.

Nasty stuff. 

That meningitis bacteria floats around and every once in a while takes one of us out.

For some reason I recall it used to be a concern with college age kids.  I can't remember why it seemed they were more prone to it or if is still the case.

Just read up a little regarding it. Appears to be an outbreak in Virginia now.

Edited by Glasseye
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, galenkia said:

I always dreaded getting nits.

Bugger ! 

I detest blood sucking creatures. Mozzies, leeches, ticks, bed bugs, etc.

Used to remove ticks from my dog every now and then. Really hate the little sneaky bastards. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

We were always visited by the nit doctor at school and it was always me or my sisters that had them..

A week of that foul smelling thick yellow shampoo soon sorted them out !!!

I've started scratching my head now !!!

Poison ivy is what I am very careful to avoid. Stuff is fcuking nasty.

Rubbed up on some a while back when on a ride. The oils can even get on your clothes and later hit you.

Evil stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

We were always visited by the nit doctor at school and it was always me or my sisters that had them..

A week of that foul smelling thick yellow shampoo soon sorted them out !!!

I've started scratching my head now !!!

I remember when we had an outbreak of Scabies. That horrible. Basically insects laid eggs under your skin and it itches so much.

• Surprised 1

That's why I'm very reluctant to use a helmet offered by the MC Taxi guys in pattaya. god alone knows who's had it on their melon, numerous somchais with greasy hair, Indians, farangs and everyone else inbetween.

Then again, there's nothing like the protection offered by a 10 baht  plastic helmet, which is going to be every bit as effective as wearing a 10 baht plastic helmet.

Edited by Butch
  • Great Info 1

37 minutes ago, Butch said:

That's why I'm very reluctant to use a helmet offered by the MC Taxi guys in pattaya. god alone knows who's had it on their melon, numerous somchais with greasy hair, Indians, farangs and everyone else inbetween.

Then again, there's nothing like the protection offered by a 10 baht  plastic helmet, which is going to be every bit as effective as wearing a 10 baht plastic helmet.

I would always take my one of these.

IMG_0775.jpeg

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Butch said:

Only reason why I sometimes put them on was to save the moto driver from getting stopped by the po po.

I took rides with motorbike guys during covid. My bung hole has been reconfigured as a consequence. Now... no way, unless an absolute last resort.

I sometimes worry about some of my Thai friends who take them all the time. I think to myself briefly, that will be the next thing around the corner.... hearing one of them has been killed in a moto accident. But, I soon brush that aside... as there is not fcuk all I can do about it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, galenkia said:

I remember when we had an outbreak of Scabies. That horrible. Basically insects laid eggs under your skin and it itches so much.

Reminds me of an autopsy training video I once watched. They pulled a massive hook worm out of this kids intestines.

Ghetto kid from St. Louis.

But just about anyone can have worms and not know it. Parasitic cnuts.

• Like 1