Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

On 2/12/2024 at 8:25 AM, fforest said:

A Suicide ruling means the Case is Closed....And the police have no more work to do.... 

So even if a case has a 98-99% probability of not being a suicide the police most of the time run with that last 1-2%.......

Only in Thailand does some one tie themselves up before a balcony jump...

Can you show me those official stats mate - come on.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Really? Next thing you know young Thai ladies will be marrying older men for their looks

Navalny was a great man with incredible courage. I am saddened by his passing. 😞

I am also saddened by the imprisonment of Maria Ressa in the Philippines. She is another journalist who has spoken out about an authoritarian self-appointed demagogue (Duterte). Duterte is no longer president of the PI due to length of service laws, but he has had his lackeys and family members elected to those posts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Ressa

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Stillearly said:
John Savident, best known for playing Fred Elliott in Coronation Street, has died aged 86.

Amazing character actor.

Clockwork orange, Yes Minister and Blake's Seven. Then Blackadder, Gandi and the Bill.

Wow

• Thumbs Up 6

On 2/23/2024 at 3:11 PM, Lemondropkid said:

Amazing character actor.

Clockwork orange, Yes Minister and Blake's Seven. Then Blackadder, Gandi and the Bill.

Wow

I liked him in Corrie, he was bloody funny at times.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hairy Bikers star Dave Myers has died at the age of 66, less than two years after revealing his cancer diagnosis. His death was announced by co-star and fellow motorcycle-riding chef, Si King, who said he was with Myers when he died "peacefully at home" on 28 February.

• Sad 7