Cricket

coxyhog

I suppose the difference between a mankad & Bairstow's dismissal is that someone backing up is trying to gain an advantage,whereas Bairstow clearly wasn't.Stokes has said he would've withdrawn the appeal if it had been England.

But I suppose when you do things like use sandpaper to try to win then the spirit of the game means nothing to you.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

when you do things like use sandpaper to try to win then the spirit of the game means nothing to you.

Atherton with his pocket full of dirt?

Pannesar with his mints and sun cream?

Trescothick using mints to shine the ball? 

Edited by Zeb
  • Thumbs Up 1

It was impossible to police what a player was sucking on during a game & we only know about Tresco & Panesar because they wrote about it later,which seems to me to indicate that it was probably pretty widespread.

I suppose that's one of the few good things to come out of Covid,the banning of saliva....but I'd put money on someone somewhere experimenting with sun screen or even hair gel.

10 hours ago, coxyhog said:

.......we only know about Tresco & Panesar because they wrote about it later,which seems to me to indicate that it was probably pretty widespread.

If memory serves, at the time there was media that County matches were rife with it?

15 hours ago, coxyhog said:

It was impossible to police what a player was sucking on during a game & we only know about Tresco & Panesar because they wrote about it later,which seems to me to indicate that it was probably pretty widespread.

I suppose that's one of the few good things to come out of Covid,the banning of saliva....but I'd put money on someone somewhere experimenting with sun screen or even hair gel.

Easily solved Coxy, just ensure that the trousers worn by players have no pockets lol

Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese taunts England after Rishi Sunak complained about Ashes

Anthony Albanese has launched a brutal comeback after the British PM complained about Australia’s Ashes victory.

“I’m proud of our men’s and women’s cricket teams, who have both won their opening two #Ashes matches against England,’’ Mr Albanese said.

“Same old Aussies – always winning!"

Same old Poms - always whinging!

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Bobbyg said:

Why is Bairstow keeping? He is truly crap. Hes dropped 2 now albeit one a tricky one

I agree he should be in the team but surely Foakes should be keeping. 

Michael Vaughan in the Telegraph today:They are 2-0 down because they have missed 15 chances to Australia’s seven, and have conceded 60 more extras than Australia.

Edited by coxyhog
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

53 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

& the beneficiary goes on to score a brilliant century.

Just been driving back from seeing mum and realised the radio in my car actually had long wave...

Was in despair when Root dropped another.... Fortunately Wood has come out to play 😀

22 minutes ago, Painter said:

Just been driving back from seeing mum and realised the radio in my car actually had long wave...

Was in despair when Root dropped another.... Fortunately Wood has come out to play 😀

263ao is pretty good after putting them in....but could've been so much better!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

263ao is pretty good after putting them in....but could've been so much better!

And with Brook in at 18-1, we'll see whether he can play sensibly... or if Root is in before the shine's off the new ball