Cricket

coxyhog

Well worth waking up at 0400 to watch the wickets tumble and a fast bowling masterclass from Jimmy Anderson....he's like the proverbial fine wine!

A great win for England especially as India would've been cock a hoop after their series win in Oz.

Fortunately as soon as the last one fell I managed to go back to sleep.

• Like 3

Looking forward to watching this thread. I’m a cricket fan, well test or international I am. It’s the Yorkie Pud in me probably.

Series wins in India are like the proverbial rocking horse poo. The Indians will be totally galvanized now, not least due to the massive expectations placed on them so the next test could be a cracker.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

I was totally wrong, not a new thing for me😀

Anderson rested, Bess dropped, into the squad comes Broad, Woakes , Stone, Foakes and Ali, Butler has gone home.

Would have kept Anderson in for 1 more before resting him.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, Sangsom said:

Would have kept Anderson in for 1 more before resting him.

We still have a chance of making the world test championship final so I think we should be playing our strongest team.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't have much faith in Moeen.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, coxyhog said:

We still have a chance of making the world test championship final so I think we should be playing our strongest team.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't have much faith in Moeen.

I thought the same. But Kohli’s face from that clean bowl was worth it alone.

So much spin he reviewed a clean bowled as he thought Foakes must have knocked the bails off. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Whitespider said:

So much spin he reviewed a clean bowled as he thought Foakes must have knocked the bails off. 

I watched the start but since then have been sleeping & watching bits & pieces.Same as the first test the toss is everything,batting last on that pitch will be bloody difficult.

6 hours ago, Whitespider said:

Love Jonathan Agnew's comment 'The last person who stood like that after being clean bowled was WG Grace'. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

I watched the start but since then have been sleeping & watching bits & pieces.Same as the first test the toss is everything,batting last on that pitch will be bloody difficult.

Forget batting last.... the way even root was making the pitch to cut up i think means batting tomorrow against the Indian spinners will be tricky.

• Like 1

Decent morning for England removing the last 4 wickets for 29.

But, 329 looks a good score on this track.

Pant got runs again. Exciting player to watch. Great quote by one of the bbc commentators yesterday “he can’t keep wicket but he sure can bat”.

England, as I write, 7-1 and I honestly think they are going to struggle to get to 250. That could change of course, two decent innings India only had 3 really) could make things very tight.

25 minutes ago, Painter said:

Prediction.

India to bat until mid afternoon tomorrow, leaving us 2.5 days to knock off the runs for a dramatic win and then bowl us all out by early afternoon on day 4.

Like most of my predictions,  let's hope this one is wrong.

Or more likely bowl us out by close of play tomorrow.

• Sad 1
  • Surprised 1

6 hours ago, Whitespider said:

Pant got runs again. Exciting player to watch. Great quote by one of the bbc commentators yesterday “he can’t keep wicket but he sure can bat”.

He made a couple of great catches for someone who can't keep wicket!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/14/2021 at 8:47 PM, coxyhog said:

I think the 3rd umpire is a good example of why we went to neutral umpires.

I could be wrong but aren't the current series only using "local" due to travel restrictions?

If thats not the case - yes we should have. That (non) stumping looked an appalling decision.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1