Cricket

coxyhog

2 hours ago, Whitespider said:

I could be wrong but aren't the current series only using "local" due to travel restrictions?

If thats not the case - yes we should have. That (non) stumping looked an appalling decision.

Yes it is.

For example Australia v India recently all the on field and 3rd umpires were Australian.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Self Inflicted Sid said:

Yes it is.

For example Australia v India recently all the on field and 3rd umpires were Australian.

I remember reading an article when neutral umpires were first introduced,it said the best place to get a decision for a visiting team(before neutral umps) was the West Indies & the worst was unsurprisingly Australia.

7 hours ago, Self Inflicted Sid said:

Yes it is.

I think I read that to counter the "home umpires" the number of reviews was increased from 2 fo 3.

Not that it helped in that stumping, or the short leg catch that wasn't. 

We were just outplayed on a pitch that was the greatest. Let's hope for better next time, although we'll be without moeen Ali, who's going home

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/56082356

If we could set them 120, the game might get to day 3.

But it's a massive IF. Maybe Jofra will come out and hit a few and get a bit of luck. After all, he won't be bowling again...

I wonder whether Channel 4 are thinking they've got good value for their investment? 

• Like 1