Cricket

coxyhog

I must admit I was pissed off at the end when the female presenter used Urdu to speak to the Pakistani players.

It's not like they do not speak English so the only reason I can think of is it was for the Pakistani spectators....total bollocks it took place in England and I would guess most of them can speak English,if not they should be learning.

More wokeism I suspect.

• Like 1

With England's status as world # 1 in T20I's and our array of big hitters it was unlikely anyone could smash their way into the team.

Liam Livingston did just that yesterday in making Englands fastest 50 & fastest 100 in that format in a vain run chase.

Bring on the World Cup!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

With England's status as world # 1 in T20I's and our array of big hitters it was unlikely anyone could smash their way into the team.

Liam Livingston did just that yesterday in making Englands fastest 50 & fastest 100 in that format in a vain run chase.

Bring on the World Cup!

It was one hell of a knock...fantastic game...respect to Babar too, a class act.

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Anyone else watching The Hundred ... coverage on BBC and Sky 💯

Yes. Watched last night's women's match and tonight's.

I wasn't keen on T20 when it first started, but enjoy it now, and have similar thoughts about this hundred... Too much noise and razz-a-matax... maybe...!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/22/2021 at 9:26 PM, Painter said:

Yes. Watched last night's women's match and tonight's.

I wasn't keen on T20 when it first started, but enjoy it now, and have similar thoughts about this hundred... Too much noise and razz-a-matax... maybe...!

I take back what I said.

Yes, it's not cricket as I was brought up on.... you know, whites, gentle hum of spectators, cucumber sandwiches at tea, Richie Benaud and Jim Laker on the TV, John Arlott and Fiery Fred on the radio.... but this hundred malarky has turned out quite good!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Painter said:

Damn good tournament, this 100 lark!

Enjoying it as well. Good crowds considering the unpredictable weather most days. And lots of families and kids, which was the target audience anyway. Also good to see lots of cricket back on the BBC again. 

See Lord's are introducing a booze ban on bringing your own in, and restricting the amount you can be sold due to trouble among the crowd at matches . Cricket has attracted the football crowd in recent years and with it the drunken trouble. 

• Thumbs Up 2