Cricket

coxyhog

21 hours ago, galenkia said:

England need 273 in 2 sessions so a tempting target. 

Cue T20 batting stylee. 

Eye's down for a full collapse!!!. 

I think that's why they didn't go for it....if they had Bairstow,Buttler & Stokes it may have been a bit different.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

For once I agree with a politician,the tweets were made when he was 18,he's 27 now....

https://www.skysports.com/cricket/news/12123/12326596/ollie-robinson-suspended-from-all-international-cricket-will-miss-englands-second-test-vs-new-zealand

Total wokey fucking bollocks

Totally with you on this. Should have made an apology and be done with it. Massive over reaction by ECB

• Like 5

4 hours ago, coxyhog said:

I think that's why they didn't go for it....if they had Bairstow,Buttler & Stokes it may have been a bit different.

Shows Root has no confidence in his batsmen. 

It was a meaningless test match with no World Championships points available so give the paying fans some entertainment. Great carrot dangled by Kane to liven up the Last sessions. 

Not popular decision with the fans. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, AJSP said:

Totally with you on this. Should have made an apology and be done with it. Massive over reaction by ECB

Surprised sports authorities don't do their own due diligence and check before announcing new caps to the press ... his account could have been tidied up beforehand 

Is there anyone in the England squad that's safe?!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2021/06/08/ecb-face-questions-historic-jos-buttler-eoin-morgan-social-media/amp/

(Thanks mum!)

The England and Wales Cricket Board are investigating historical tweets posted by senior players Jos Buttler and Eoin Morgan after they appeared to mimic Indian people saying “Sir” in posts sent in 2017 and 2018.

The messages have been widely circulated on Twitter in the wake of the ECB’s decision to suspend Ollie Robinson for posts that were made in 2012 and 2013 when he was still a teenager.

Screenshots have also been shared of a message by Buttler in which he says “I always reply sir no1 else like me like you like me” and, separately, Morgan includes Buttler in a message which says, “Sir you're my favourite batsman”.

Some messages have since been deleted but, in the wake of the ECB’s crackdown over social media use, the governing body will investigate the latest posts to have come to light and decide whether action needs to be taken. 

Although there are questions over the precise context of the tweets, they were written at a time when Buttler and Morgan were established England players and have caused offence on social media. Buttler is the current England vice-captain and he plays for the Rajasthan Royals in the Indian Premier League.

Morgan, who plays for the Kolkata Knight Riders in the Indian Premier League, is the all-time leading run scorer and most capped player for England in limited overs matches, having been appointed one-day captain in 2015.

James Anderson was also dragged into the controversy when a tweet emerged from 2010 containing a homophobic reference during a conversation with Stuart Broad.

“I saw Broady's new haircut for the first time today. Not sure about it. Thought he looked like a 15 yr old lesbian!” he wrote.

Anderson will play his 162nd Test match this week, breaking the record set by Sir Alastair Cook and was forced to explain the tweet from over a decade ago.

“For me it's 10-11 years ago, I've certainly changed as a person. And I think that's the difficulty, things do change, you do make mistakes,” he said. Anderson admitted there is a lot of anxiety in the squad as they fear what could come out next. “Yeah, I guess. I think it’s something we need to look at.”

The ECB board has come under pressure to review its treatment of Robinson after Prime Minister Boris Johnson condemned its “over the top” suspension of the bowler.

England batsman batter: "I say, this rather nice kiwi bowler has just lobbed a red thing down about 3 feet outside my off stump. Let me wave this piece of willow I'm holding at it..... oh......... oh bugger...."

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2