Cricket

coxyhog

This just about sums up England....

Jeremy Coney

Former New Zealand captain on BBC Test Match Special

From an outsider's point of view it is very difficult to understand how you can surround yourself with so many coaches, helpers and so many staff and so many facilities and so much money and so many good contracts and perform like that. 

•  

• Thumbs Up 2

England women's team putting our men to shame in their Test match against India. England declared on 396-9 and India currently 207-8.

India started well, 167 before the first wicket fell, then lost 8 for 40 runs. Our men will be so proud of them. 

Even extras, currently with 5 runs, scored more than 6 batters. 

At least our women our doing us proud unlike that embarrassing performance from the men. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Incredible bowling from NZ seamers, especially the outstanding Jameison. 7 wickets in the match at about 1.3 an over. World class figures. 

India sporting losers by the sounds of it as well. 

Good to get a result considering how much play was lost. Congratulations to both sides. 

5ea443e7-6df8-4c01-8441-cd97427c90c6.png

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Painter said:

Oh....

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/eng-vs-pak-2021-england-odi-squad-forced-to-self-isolate-after-positive-covid-19-tests-1268731

Looks like England will be putting out a Sunday 3rd XI, a couple of old players joined by lots of unknowns. Might be good for the newbies though.

A good opportunity for some hitherto uncapped players to impress.

Still no place for Alex Hales,I think an example has been set there,screw up & you're out in the cold.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Still no place for Alex Hales,I think an example has been set there,screw up & you're out in the cold.

Pakistan are no Sri Lanka...we could miss out on some precious points here.

56 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

You never know, these newcomers could show the old timers how it should be done, and I hope they do themselves proud. That would be fun for the selectors after this series.

Mind you, pigs and flight comes to mind....

Pakistan continuing the sorry batting performance Sri Lanka started. 

Glad to see Mahmood had a great bowl, been highly thought of for a while at County level. We are pretty spoilt for quick bowlers at the moment on the County circuit. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1