Cricket

coxyhog

Rory Burns, Dom Sibley, Haseeb Hameed, Joe Root (capt), Jonny Bairstow, Jos Buttler (wk), Moeen Ali, Sam Curran, Ollie Robinson, Mark Wood, James Anderson.

Hameed in for Crawley...he also bowls some spin so may be handy.

England won the toss & bowl....

Day 5

Before lunch, the Indians seemed to be in control. I went out before lunch, but Bumrah and another were tonking us around the park.

Turn back on at 2.20.... were 3 for 2. Wtf?

I guess the Indians are really in control now....

Edited by Painter
  • Sad 1

Let me put this out there....

At the Indian declaration,  England needed 250odd from 50 odd overs, very rough, as I dont know the figures

We have, in Buttler, Bairstow and Ali, 3 of the white ball games finest "sloggers", for lack of a better word. Even Root isnt bad at the white ball game.

Why not put those 3 in at 1, 2 and 3 and tell them to go for it?

If they fail, then go into defensive mode with whoever is left.

At least we'd have lost trying... and no, we havent lost yet, but can our last 4 survive 20 overs?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Painter said:

Let me put this out there....

At the Indian declaration,  England needed 250odd from 50 odd overs, very rough, as I dont know the figures

We have, in Buttler, Bairstow and Ali, 3 of the white ball games finest "sloggers", for lack of a better word. Even Root isnt bad at the white ball game.

Why not put those 3 in at 1, 2 and 3 and tell them to go for it?

If they fail, then go into defensive mode with whoever is left.

At least we'd have lost trying... and no, we havent lost yet, but can our last 4 survive 20 overs?

They always go for the try not to lose option first when a series is poised like this. Most fans would want them to go for it but the reality is they rarely do……

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1