Anti farang feeling

Smiler

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I am not trying to " bust you balls" or be rude to you ...

But, I never believe shit posted on FB ... never ...

When I see this with my own eyes ... I will believe ... and I have seen nothing like this anywhere in the South where I live ... life is going on pretty normal here .. except going into a restaurant to sit down and eat .... the 10PM curfew .... and the random thermometer check 

I am not saying some people don't need any help ... and if Beach gal asks me to help someone I certainly will ... then I know it is desperate .. but, until she asks I don't worry 

Same as up here in Issan Code... life is is pretty much as normal.

There are some who need help and they are getting assistance from others..... people are looking after each other .

cheers 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I told Beach Gal to go an buy a couple hundred pounds of rice and a couple hundred cans of sardines 3 - 4 days ago .... and hand out discretely when she feels the need to do it .... and whatever you do just keep me out of it ... and don't do at our house ....

She told me no need .....

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Obviously not. My point was a not even about him.

Correct your point was not about him..... it seems your point was in answer to Codes post you quoted about Thais were sitting out in the scorching heat awaiting a 200baht handout in either Pattaya or  Issan. I just gave you a reason why that was the case.

cheers

Edited by roobob
  • Like 1

well for a fact extreme poverty has already hit this region.  and will continue until year end IMHO.  when youve saold your little gold, and the tv and the rice cooker, you are fucked.  its that simple and anyone who thinks people will queue for hours to get one single free meal, in the balzing sun, is off their rocker.  its seriously real here.  and its a tinder box too

• Sad 3

14 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

You've not seen it in the south, but it's reality here in Pattaya. There are many news reports on the food distribution sites, and long lines of people waiting to get food. I've also seen it with my own eyes on my daily bike rides around Pattaya. There's probably a few in the lines that are not in need, but there are far more here that do need the handout.

It is happening here in Mae Sot but nowhere near the scale as is apparently happening in Pattaya.

At first I did not know what I was seeing other than many Thai's queuing to go into a building. I discovered afterwards that I had been looking at a food distribution point. I have now seen this in two different locations. No idea if there are more or the scale of the problem but many businesses no longer able to open including several large markets although many shops are still open outside of the main two shopping Malls. We have a 10pm - 04am curfew operating and no bars and restaurants open.

I usually get my contact lenses in either of the shopping malls but they are both shut. Went to pay the electricity bill and a few blocks down from the PEA found a large opticians still open and stocked up okay. Not only that, special offer of three months supply for the price normally for two months. 🙂

Mae Sot normally has Farlangs wandering around but since the covid restrictions I could count on the fingers of one hand how many I have seen in the last month. As I mentioned previously, personally I see no change in the attitude of Thai's to me who remain polite and friendly. I regularly meet up with a retired former policeman whilst walking the dogs and he rides his cycle. He stops to chat as he likes to practice his English and seems a real nice guy.

• Like 6