Does anyone still use a Fountain Pen and ink?

john luke

Took  ages in the past. Having to look certain words up in a dictionary,  nibs dribbling, blotting paper and actually having decent paper to write on,

Now we have spell check, word count, grammar check, endless choice of fonts, colours and sizes and no mess apart from the risk of spilling coffee on the keyboard. 

7 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Please forgive my ignorance, but when you mention "biro" are you referring to what we colonials would call a "ballpoint" pen? 

17 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Never heard of that brand.

Not a brand, but Biro was the surname of the guy who patented the first ball point pen to be a commercial success.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/László_Bíró

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Have not used one in years. Don't often use a pen these days and my handwriting has become appalling.

Mine too!

I had to complete a 13 page document recently and realised that I was struggling to actually write. 😀

All I ever do these days is very short notes jotted down mostly on note pads next to my keyboard in a type of illiterate shorthand only I could understand.

I have also become very lazy with my signature which has become an abreviated version of what was my normal signature. It is almost an initial now.

I cannot remember when I last sent anybody a letter. It was certainly many years ago.