Street Photographs From Pattaya Area

john luke

18 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

^^^ I used to enjoy drinking at the Wombat Bar, and the Boomerang Bar next door.

The Boomerang Bar also had the advantage you weren't visible to passing traffic. Hoping that maybe someone sees that location as a good one to reopen as a GC.

There were both great places, i've had many a day / evening in them both.

One of the managers Darcy ( RIP ) was a right character plus the Wombat used to serve up some bloody good food too. As you say, the Boomerang / Outback bar was also good and tucked away at the back, often had a great Filipino band playing.

It begs for somebody to come along and take advantage of the good set-up there.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, SteveBC said:

There were both great places, i've had many a day / evening in them both.

One of the managers Darcy ( RIP ) was a right character plus the Wombat used to serve up some bloody good food too. As you say, the Boomerang / Outback bar was also good and tucked away at the back, often had a great Filipino band playing.

It begs for somebody to come along and take advantage of the good set-up there.

Outback Bar, that's the name I was trying to remember when I wrote the post. Rumor had it they had to change the name due to copyright issues.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/30/2022 at 6:21 PM, Bazle said:

Yesterday, I saw them drag one of the enormous drainage pipes along Soi 15 (near temple side entrance) towards Piss Alley.

The pipe scarred the newly laid concrete and, I would guess, weakened the pipe.

20220629_153238[1].jpg

20220629_153408[1].jpg

Wonder if this is the one you saw dragged, or another one that they compromised the integrity of by dragging.

P7170001.JPG

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, john luke said:

0B0A1682.jpg

0B0A1683.jpg

Great pics as always JL.

When we were chatting I mentioned Area 52 as having a decent band. The bar opposite, who's name I forgot but you captured in your pic is Luck 7 Bar. They also have a band, but when they both are playing they drown each other out to the point where I can't understand how either of them have any customers.

I now give Tree Town a wide berth due to the cacophony of noise in the area.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Great pics as always JL.

When we were chatting I mentioned Area 52 as having a decent band. The bar opposite, who's name I forgot but you captured in your pic is Luck 7 Bar. They also have a band, but when they both are playing they drown each other out to the point where I can't understand how either of them have any customers.

I now give Tree Town a wide berth due to the cacophony of noise in the area.

Then put Matador in the mix......

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Butch said:

I'm busting my brain trying to work out where this place is. Is it behind the "Beer Hub"? - Was it stood looking half finished for the last 3 years?.

0B0A1690.thumb.jpg.873fd48fbed430c62a8fe89c1078683b.jpg

image.png

The above photographs should give a reasonable perspective as to where the bar is located.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks @john luke - it was the one I had been thinking of.

Simple construction but a bit of overkill for a run of the mill Beer bar. Reminds me of the Bandstand you'd see in a park in the old days. Not to mention that massive fire hazard of a roof (unless it's fire retardant plastic - doubtful).

That's one on my "to do" list then!.

14 hours ago, Butch said:

I'm busting my brain trying to work out where this place is. Is it behind the "Beer Hub"? - Was it stood looking half finished for the last 3 years?.

0B0A1690.thumb.jpg.873fd48fbed430c62a8fe89c1078683b.jpg

Yes m8..Just spent the last few nights having a night cap in there....02.00 am shut......prompt....quite funny...

IMG_20220725_014102.jpg

• Like 1