Street Photographs From Pattaya Area

john luke

That work on  Soi 15 is going at a snail's pace. It also doesn't seem to be being carried out in a logical manner.

Judging by those pictures, the road outside the City Garden and Avenue Residence condos appears to be concreted over, but not so outside Urban, the development between the other two, which is still a mass of mud.

Edited by Bazle

8 minutes ago, Bazle said:

That work on  Soi 15 is going at a snail's pace. It also doesn't seem to be being carried out in a logical manner.

Judging by those pictures, the road outside the City Garden and Avenue Residence condos appears to be concreted over, but not so outside Urban, the development between the other two, which is still a mass of mud.

Can't think of one public works project that has progressed faster than a snail's pace. The burying of power lines on WS is another example.

• Like 1

Repaving of WS has started. Currently working on the section from the entrance to Soi 14.
P5290006.JPG

P5290010.JPG

P5290011.JPG

Since I was in the area snapped off a couple of pics of the south Pattaya canal.
P5290012.JPG

P5290013.JPG

P5290014.JPG

The market across from Wat Chai on Pattaya Tai is still closed.
P5290018.JPG

P5290020.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

My grumpy spies tell me that soi 15 is now uninterupted concrete from 2nd road to Mercure, where it remains a mud bath to the bend by Avenue Mall. The edges, between road and walls, still need doing, sometime, somehow....

Edited by Painter
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 2

Amazing Thailand. I snapped a picture of them restarting the paving project on 29 May. Nine days later they've only managed to pave this small stretch.
P6090003.JPG

P6090006.JPG

P6090010.JPG

The area that once was Simon Beer Bar complex is being cleared.
P6090012.JPG

Heading down Beach Rd to take pics of WS I encountered a backup of traffic that stretched back a good distance. Turns out it was this doofus in the right lane that had stopped with his flashers on. Thought maybe he had engine problems, but as I was taking pictures of the paving work I saw the parked vehicle move out and the van slip into its place. As is the norm here, didn't hear one horn honk in protest.
P6090002.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Not much progress on WS which is not surprising since most of the workforce is huddled up in the shade.

I have to say that I am very pleased with the pavement work on Pattaya Tai. It is so easy to criticize Thai work ethics and workmanship but the final product given the amount of work involved with underground cabling and drainage work on the road, they didn't scrimp on the minor work.

Only a little stretch to finish now !!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I have to say that I am very pleased with the pavement work on Pattaya Tai. It is so easy to criticize Thai work ethics and workmanship but the final product given the amount of work involved with underground cabling and drainage work on the road, they didn't scrimp on the minor work.

Only a little stretch to finish now !!!

I'd love to agree with you Mr. Dangle, but i'll reserve judgement until after the next big rain storm and see how it copes....

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Not much progress on WS which is not surprising since most of the workforce is huddled up in the shade.
P6110004_stitch.JPG

Just curious, is it just a re-pavement/pavers of the overall Soi? 

Geez have not been down there since Sept 2018. 

8 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Just curious, is it just a re-pavement/pavers of the overall Soi? 

Geez have not been down there since Sept 2018. 

They're redoing the entire soi. They dug up the soi multiple times to bury the overhead utilities, thus the need to repair the road surface.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Wonder what a building with no windows will be used for

12 hours ago, SteveBC said:

Another nightclub perhaps ??

It is the new location for the "26 " NWG bars.

Flowers knows that Soi 6 licenses won't get long term renewal, so using his brilliant innovative business model of competing for the same customers in the same street, he has decided to put them all in the same building!

Fucking genius is our Brian! 

• Haha 4

20 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

They're redoing the entire soi. They dug up the soi multiple times to bury the overhead utilities, thus the need to repair the road surface.

Wonder if the patterned Sea animals within the paving will be present and visible again.

On to Soi Buakhao.....Zero is now........

026.JPG

Into ''Tree Town''......this a view along the back rd that's recently been concreted....nearly all open.....

027.JPG

028.JPG

029.JPG

030.JPG

This is what the building in the everyday market turned into......

031.JPG

Edited by Blue Streak
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1