Street Photographs From Pattaya Area

john luke

8 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

New road going in at the back of Tree Town.
P4070056.jpg

P4070053.jpg

Might be me, but I'm not seeing a lot of thought going into the drainage of that particular stretch of carriageway!

7 hours ago, Butch said:

Might be me, but I'm not seeing a lot of thought going into the drainage of that particular stretch of carriageway!

Probably doing it on the cheap just to provide a concrete footpath for the customers. At least there are no overhead lines that they'll need to come back in a few months to rip up the new concrete to bury the lines. :default_biggrin:

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Probably doing it on the cheap just to provide a concrete footpath for the customers. At least there are no overhead lines that they'll need to come back in a few months to rip up the new concrete to bury the lines. :default_biggrin:

Do you remember the photo that was taken some time ago showing the new footpath extension being built running along the side of the bars in New Plaza?

Some bright spark said that it wouldn't take long before the tables and chairs were moved onto it ......... I'm surprised they didn't sink into the wet concrete they moved across so fast!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 4

On 4/8/2022 at 6:25 AM, Derek Dangleberries said:

Do you remember the photo that was taken some time ago showing the new footpath extension being built running along the side of the bars in New Plaza?

Some bright spark said that it wouldn't take long before the tables and chairs were moved onto it ......... I'm surprised they didn't sink into the wet concrete they moved across so fast!!

Yep, the space is now fully utilized for additional seating. In fairness to New Plaza, I don't think it was ever intended as a footpath. That plus I'm pretty sure the road on either side is privately owned, so they're free to use the space however they see fit.

P4100042.jpg

P4100043.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On the darkside, a big chunk of land off of Soi Nern Plub Wan across from Soi 22 is being developed. No signs as to what's going in. With the mosquito breeding grounds, excuse me, water features, perhaps a park?
P4100017.jpg

P4100023_stitch.jpg

And on the brightside, the road to Dany's Sports Bar should be completed by end of day.
P4100047.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 4/11/2022 at 8:47 AM, Painter said:

Today's soi 15 expedition from rear of Avenue mall to gate to temple

Thanks for posting those. 

Is it just wishful thinking on my part, or do I see they have left room to dig a trench in which to bury the cables? 

1 minute ago, Bazle said:

Thanks for posting those. 

Is it just wishful thinking on my part, or do I see they have left room to dig a trench in which to bury the cables? 

There is space between the concrete slabs that makeup the road, and the wall/borders of adjacent properties.  Whether this is to bury the cables is anyone's guess!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Amazon coffee "building" opposite soi 21 on buckhou,  that was cleared and moved 30m south now has some paint on it...1651046687927.jpg

Looks like a beachside ice cream stand to me, but my well dressed friend says it's going to be a Top Chareon glasses place....

Edited by Painter
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Painter said:

The Amazon coffee "building" opposite soi 21 on buckhou,  that was cleared and moved 30m south now has some paint on it...

Looks like a beachside ice cream stand to me, but my well dressed friend says it's going to be a Top Chareon glasses place....

Blue and white stripes are Top Charoen's colours.

Top Charoen Optical (Suriyawong Rd Branch)

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Painter said:

They've not long closed a shop about 50 yards away at the junction of Soi Buakhao and Soi Made in Thailand.

image.png

Snip from Google StreetView.

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, Painter said:

The Amazon coffee "building" opposite soi 21 on buckhou,  that was cleared and moved 30m south now has some paint on it...1651046687927.jpg

Maybe Soi 19.....

• Thumbs Up 1