Street Photographs From Pattaya Area

john luke

Also New Plaza had non nightlife businesses long before beer bars. Err when it was a "New Plaza"

I recall buying movies on CD's etc plus various bits and pieces of software in Soi New Plaza prior to Central Plaza construction starting.

Maybe the move of Beer Bars to Mit & Soi New Plaza happened around the same time ?

Also does anyone know if the land on which the road of Soi MiT at the 2nd Road end of MiT, is public land or is it also private land?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Zeb said:

Also New Plaza had non nightlife businesses long before beer bars. Err when it was a "New Plaza"

I recall buying movies on CD's etc plus various bits and pieces of software in Soi New Plaza prior to Central Plaza construction starting.

Maybe the move of Beer Bars to Mit & Soi New Plaza happened around the same time ?

Also does anyone know if the land on which the road of Soi MiT at the 2nd Road end of MiT, is public land or is it also private land?

I put New Plaza about 5 years before MIT. 

I remember sitting in NP having a beer discussing the MIT changing from shopping market to beer bars but for the life of me I can't place when.

One thing I am pretty sure about is that the vlogger wasn't drinking in MIT bars before 2000.

21 minutes ago, boydeste said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Love the electrics! 

20 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Yeah, I noticed that too😁

Health and Safety is paramount as usual 😀

Perfectly safe unless...............

1. Somebody touches it
  2. It pours with rain
  3. Humidity gets too high
  4. Higher wattage than the socket/fuse allows
  5. Possibly a few others😊

I thought the picture would appeal to @boydeste

5 hours ago, john luke said:

Perfectly safe unless...............

1. Somebody touches it
  2. It pours with rain
  3. Humidity gets too high
  4. Higher wattage than the socket/fuse allows
  5. Possibly a few others😊

I thought the picture would appeal to @boydeste

Way too hard to fit a plug, not to mention the earth. LOL

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2021 at 2:24 AM, Derek Dangleberries said:

I put New Plaza about 5 years before MIT. 

I remember sitting in NP having a beer discussing the MIT changing from shopping market to beer bars but for the life of me I can't place when.

One thing I am pretty sure about is that the vlogger wasn't drinking in MIT bars before 2000.

This has got my memory getting confused as well!.

There were definitely possibly two or three bars opposite where Central is now, back in 2000 ish, but to the best of my knowledge, the MIT complex was, then, a great place to get moody T shirts, jeans and other tat for bringing home. The bars were I think, roughly opposite to what is now the car park exit road of Central.

Central was started around 2005/6? or rather the area cleared prior to that as I recall a trip in 2007 when me and a mate watched the construction going on from a bar across the road.

To be honest my memory is bollocksed from around that time, as I was entering my "GoGo" phase and out of my "beer bar" phase. Apologies for any inconsistencies or confusion.

Any speculation on where these bars (if any are left) are migrating to?. Of course a lot of space in Tree Town, plus Soi 7 looking like the middle section could do with a bit of investment.

• Thumbs Up 2

Work has restarted on the Jomtien beach expansion project. What's surprising is I didn't see any sand bag reinforcements going in like they did on the Pattaya beach project. It'll be interesting to see how long the expanded beach holds up to tidal action and strong side onshore winds.
PB160001.jpg

PB160008.jpg

PB160004.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, john luke said:

0B0A1229.jpg

0B0A1230.jpg

Whilst this looked abandoned in Walking Street this afternoon.  I do not recall it being there earlier in the week when I passed by.

Walking Street in daylight, when much of Pattaya's flotsam surfaces.