Cheap phones from Power Buy....

fforest

9 minutes ago, Freee!! said:

I only see one real problem, it is Samsung so comes so loaded with bloatware it is nearly unusable. Besides that, that bloatware takes too much storage and even more after the unavoidable update upon activation.

The way to handle bloatware is to root your phone and then you can delete most of it......This is what I did......I got about 90-95% of it......A few I could not take off no matter what I tried....And a few were were just to complicated and risky to take off.....

17 minutes ago, fforest said:

The way to handle bloatware is to root your phone and then you can delete most of it......This is what I did......I got about 90-95% of it......A few I could not take off no matter what I tried....And a few were were just to complicated and risky to take off.....

My way of handling bloatware is not buying the phone (anything from the brand). I can't afford to root the phone as I have too many (mostly security related) things that refuse to run on a rooted phone. In the past I used to root phones, but not any more.

Sometimes more technology Cost Less. The phone I bought just before the one I own now I paid about 15/16 thousand baht for that I got 4 gigs of RAM 64 gig of storage and a 16-megapixel camera It was a great telephone. It had a replaceable battery that's why I held onto it so long.

The one I bought just recently I paid 9000 Baht For it has 6 gigs of RAM 128 GB storage and a 64 megapixel camera. I still have the old phone and do a lot of photos with it and to be honest I have a hard time telling the difference. The new one also has a 30 watt charger that goes from zero to a hundred in about an hour and 20 minutes 50% charge in about 35 or 40 minutes. And fully charged with average use I'm getting 40 hours plus from 100 to 15%. I was skeptical about built-in batteries but now there's no choice

• Like 1

There is something about any phone that runs Android ... seems to me ... yeah .. I know a lot of people swear by them ... for me ... they just don't seem responsive enough .... something seems to "lag" ... I don't know what it is ... maybe nothing ....

Also, I kinda believe we have hit the wall with diminishing returns spending so much on a phone ... but .... lol ... I will probably be forced to do it again ...

On 9/3/2020 at 10:37 PM, fforest said:

I just dont get why people think spending 45,000 baht on a new phone is a good investment when after a year or 2 its worth one third to one quarter of that at best.....

Agreed, thought the thread was about some 5k to 8k second hand phones.

FFS, 40k on a phone ? 1,000 euro ? No way I spend more than 200 e on one.

• Thumbs Up 2