Introduce yourself to the Forum

2 minutes ago, Self Inflicted Sid said:

In my 50's & been coming to Pattaya since 2006, after Phuket was my preferred holiday destination during 2004-2006.

I am a condo owner (luckily currently rented out)

Last 8 years l have been 3 months in Pattaya and 3 months home, until Covid stuffed that up. I did however spend 9 continuous months in Pattaya in 2016.

Last 4 trips l have stayed over on the darkside.  

Welcome Self Inflicted- brilliant Username👍

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Self Inflicted Sid said:

In my 50's & been coming to Pattaya since 2006, after Phuket was my preferred holiday destination during 2004-2006.

Last 8 years l have been 3 months in Pattaya and 3 months home, until Covid stuffed that up. I did however spend 9 continuous months in Pattaya in 2016.

Welcome and enjoy!

20 hours ago, dakine said:

Hello there,

Just found out about this forum today. I've been coming to Thailand for over 20 years. I hope I will be able to get to the LOS this year. I better start reading since I just joined today. Everyone Stay Safe.

You’ll find this forum to be a real page turner, so welcome to the forum, settle down in a comfy chair and enjoy the read. 👍🤗

Hi guys,

New to this forum, but not new to Pattaya.

First arrived in 2009 and still a tourist - or at least I was until virus restrictions prevented my usual summer holiday last year.

Forgive me if I don't post much to start with, I want to be able to read and appreciate what this forum has to offer before I start to properly contribute.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Vessey said:

Hi guys,

First arrived in 2009 and still a tourist - or at least I was until virus restrictions prevented my usual summer holiday last year.

Forgive me if I don't post much to start with, I want to be able to read and appreciate what this forum has to offer before I start to properly contribute.

WTTB 

18 hours ago, Self Inflicted Sid said:

Welcome to the forum.

21 minutes ago, Vessey said:

Hi guys,

Welcome to the forum.

4 hours ago, Vessey said:

Hi guys,

Welcome and enjoy!

Hello, all. I’m retired, currently living in the San Francisco area.  I’m planning on selling my house here and moving to Thailand as the travel situation improves. I’ve made a dozen or so trips to Thailand.  Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket and several trips to Phitsanulok, where my wife’s family lives.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 4

4 hours ago, forqalso said:

Hello, all. I’m retired, currently living in the San Francisco area.  I’m planning on selling my house here and moving to Thailand as the travel situation improves. I’ve made a dozen or so trips to Thailand.  Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket and several trips to Phitsanulok, where my wife’s family lives.

Welcome and enjoy!

14 hours ago, forqalso said:

Seems like you’re an old hand where LOS is concerned. @forqalso

Good luck for when you make the jump for good. 👍

1 hour ago, KhunDon said:

Seems like you’re an old hand where LOS is concerned. @forqalso

Good luck for when you make the jump for good. 👍

I’ve made only a couple three week trips. Mostly, I arrive on a Saturday and leave three Sundays later.  Maybe, one day I’ll get out my passports and count how many days it totals.  My shortest RT from San Francisco was 31 hours.  My wife is still on her green card and she went back to Thailand for a couple years.  I thought she would have issues getting through immigration when she got back, so I went over, so I could go through the checkpoint with her.  They held her in the SFO immigration office for a couple hours, then fined her over $500, but let her back in.  She’s studying for the citizenship test now.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, forqalso said:

I’ve made only a couple three week trips. Mostly, I arrive on a Saturday and leave three Sundays later.  Maybe, one day I’ll get out my passports and count how many days it totals.  My shortest RT from San Francisco was 31 hours.  My wife is still on her green card and she went back to Thailand for a couple years.  I thought she would have issues getting through immigration when she got back, so I went over, so I could go through the checkpoint with her.  They held her in the SFO immigration office for a couple hours, then fined her over $500, but let her back in.  She’s studying for the citizenship test now.

What was the $500 fine for?

• Thumbs Up 1