Covid Vaccine - The Definitive Poll.

john luke

Covid 19 Vaccinations  

54 members have voted

1. 1. At the present time, have you had one or two Covid Vaccinations?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If and when offerred will you have a booster Covid 19 Vaccination?

• No
    • Yes

• 2 years later...

Well I appear to be quite late to the game here.

My first three shots were Pfizer. The 4th was Moderna.

I did have a more serious reaction to the Moderna shot. In bed for two days, headaches, increased arm soreness compared to the earlier Pfizer shots, and most troubling -> chest pains. I think the Moderna reaction may have well been a long term good thing in that it increased my overall coverage.

It has been two years since my last shot. I would like to get a 5th, but there do not seem to be any current booster shots available here in Thailand. I am making a trip to the US in September and will likely have my 5th one done there. I will probably go with Moderna again. I guess I enjoy being a lab rat. 😉

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Well I appear to be quite late to the game here.

My first three shots were Pfizer. The 4th was Moderna.

I did have a more serious reaction to the Moderna shot. In bed for two days, headaches, increased arm soreness compared to the earlier Pfizer shots, and most troubling -> chest pains. I think the Moderna reaction may have well been a long term good thing in that it increased my overall coverage.

It has been two years since my last shot. I would like to get a 5th, but there do not seem to be any current booster shots available here in Thailand. I am making a trip to the US in September and will likely have my 5th one done there. I will probably go with Moderna again. I guess I enjoy being a lab rat. 😉

My current score is 7 - 2  in the Covid lottery.

To be precise, total vaccinations are 7 with 2 bouts of covid in between.

I simply do not believe vaccinations stop me catching covid.

I have vaccination number 8 booked in on the 29th of this month. My only justification to MYSELF for this next jag is the fact that the symptoms I experienced during my two previous covid bouts were relatively minor on both occasions. I cling to the hope that if/when I go down with covid again my symptoms will have been reduced by my prior vaccination.

33 minutes ago, Jambo said:

My current score is 7 - 2  in the Covid lottery.

To be precise, total vaccinations are 7 with 2 bouts of covid in between.

I simply do not believe vaccinations stop me catching covid.

I have vaccination number 8 booked in on the 29th of this month. My only justification to MYSELF for this next jag is the fact that the symptoms I experienced during my two previous covid bouts were relatively minor on both occasions. I cling to the hope that if/when I go down with covid again my symptoms will have been reduced by my prior vaccination.

There was misinformation early on that lead people to believe the vaccine would stop you from catching Covid. That was never the case. Best you could hope for was the symptoms would be milder with the jab.

My score. Two jabs at the beginning of the China virus. Never tested positive, but that means diddly squat as the tests are not that accurate and I'm fairly confident based on symptoms I've probably come down with it a couple of times. The most recent was probably a month ago.

Symptoms were pretty mild so I've never felt inclined to get a booster.

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My two shots were AstraZeneca and I'm happy to report, no blood clots.

‘Very rare’ blood clots linked to AstraZeneca vaccine

“Instances of blood clots after AstraZeneca shots were observed between five and 42 days post-inoculation,” said Dr Thongchai. “Any occurrences of blood clots beyond this timeframe should not be attributed to the vaccine, and recipients of the AstraZeneca vaccine need not worry.”

The issue came to light this week, when the multinational drug company admitted for the first time, in court documents in a UK class-action suit, that the vaccine can “in very rare cases”, cause Thrombosis with Thrombocytopenia Syndrome. The condition is characterised by blood clots and a low blood platelet count in humans.

However, regulators have acknowledged for some time that “unusual blood clots with low blood platelets should be listed as very rare side effects” of the AstraZeneca vaccine. 

The European Medicines Agency, in a report dated April 7, 2021, said most of the cases reported had occurred in women under 60 years of age and within two weeks of vaccination.

“Based on the currently available evidence, specific risk factors have not been confirmed,” it said.

In any case, it said, the benefits of taking the vaccine were seen to outweigh the risks.

• Sad 1

I don't think there's any right or wrong answer. People had to weigh up what they wanted to do based on their own personal circumstances.

Like me, I have 1 or 2 ailments which potentially would have been made worse by Covid, coupled with getting a blood clot around September 2020 (Before any vaccine was produced) which coincidentally happened when I tested positive for Covid. 

So for me I decided to have the 2 shots, then 1 booster. When the time came for the 2nd booster, Covid had mutated to be quite mild, so I decided against anymore. I've had covid since, just like a heavy cold. As it stands, I still won't be having anymore. 

My wife made her own choice based on her own personal circumstances. 

My daughter, who was then 5 and too young to make an informed decision, I decided she had no need to have the vaccine. I haven't changed from my then view. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4