Don Mueang-Pattaya shuttle bus launches

Bazle

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2379846?fbclid=IwAR2CUCOT1o6uzLImaBwyOuHuHOAb2RVSlhwQTdkdcJfZ3hiKFeD_x5KS5vY

Don Mueang-Pattaya shuttle bus launches 
PUBLISHED : 30 AUG 2022 AT 06:33 

Don Mueang airport is now providing a 350-bahtper ride bus service from the airport to Pattaya.

The airport launched the shuttle service on Aug 15. During the trial run buses are scheduled for two round trips, two from Don Mueang to Pattaya at 10.30am and 3pm and two from Pattaya to Don Mueang at 10.30am and 3pm and two from Pattaya to Don Mueang at 6am and 3pm. However, passenger numbers are currently low as most people are unaware of the service, he said.

Bus tickets are available on www.belltravelservice.com and Bell Travel Service office at Don Mueang International Airport on the first floor at Gate 10, Domestic Terminal.

• Thanks 2
  • Great Info 4

It's apparently the whole Bell Travel Service resurrected, including hotel drop off/pick up, and Suvarnabhumi buses too.

BKK airport to your hotel and vice versa now 325 baht (was 280 baht before) if pre-booked, and currently only 4 trips per day, but great to see it back.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 2

On 8/30/2022 at 9:03 AM, KWA said:

It's apparently the whole Bell Travel Service resurrected, including hotel drop off/pick up, and Suvarnabhumi buses too.

BKK airport to your hotel and vice versa now 325 baht (was 280 baht before) if pre-booked, and currently only 4 trips per day, but great to see it back.

Bell was recommended to me way back in 2009 on the other forum. Took it 3-4 times my next couple of trips, wonderful service, on time, pick-up right at your door. 

When I finally took the plunge and made my first trip in 2008, I just said f—k it I’m heading to Thailand! Had no idea just how new & convenient Suvarnabhumi was, and how much longer the commute to Pattaya would have been from Don Mueang. I feel for the all the veterans who had to make that trip in traffic….

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Bell was recommended to me way back in 2009 on the other forum. Took it 3-4 times my next couple of trips, wonderful service, on time, pick-up right at your door. 

When I finally took the plunge and made my first trip in 2008, I just said f—k it I’m heading to Thailand! Had no idea just how new & convenient Suvarnabhumi was, and how much longer the commute to Pattaya would have been from Don Mueang. I feel for the all the veterans who had to make that trip in traffic….

Same here. First trip was Nov 2008. I've done a few trips around SEA from DMK and that has made me appreciate how convenient BKK is to Pattaya.

Never used Bell service though. After 28+ hours of travel it was worth paying the extra coin to have a private car zip me to sin city.

Another memory from my first trip is the disappointment of leaving a week before the protests shut down the airport. Had my trip dates been just a bit different I could have been stuck in Thailand for an extended holiday, and with the Thai govt partially funding the extended holiday to boot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Same here. First trip was Nov 2008. I've done a few trips around SEA from DMK and that has made me appreciate how convenient BKK is to Pattaya

Another memory from my first trip is the disappointment of leaving a week before the protests shut down the airport. Had my trip dates been just a bit different I could have been stuck in Thailand for an extended holiday, and with the Thai govt partially funding the extended holiday to boot.

That’s right,  I recall another BM saying their first trip ever was same month as me- that was you! I arrived before the protests started, spent all 3 weeks in Pattaya after one night in BKK, and still flew out on schedule. As you said, though, there was a part of us that “wanted to be stranded”. There was another guy from Toronto that posted on Secrets, Lars had shown us both around the town a few nights. He ended up saying “f—k it” and went down to Phuket and I believe got some of his bill paid

Good times, oh my, nothing like your virgin trip. I’ve said before my biggest mistake was doing the whole thing without a local phone, a nice man on 2nd Road tried to jailbreak mine but no luck. The number of freelancers and other ladies I missed out on…..foolish to spend 200K baht on a trip & not get a Thai phone. But I wasn’t the first guy to make that mistake, next trip in 2009 was 8 months, 2nd day I went to Central Festival with my BabyDolls BF and got some tiny Asian thing & SIM card…..best 1700 baht I invested in the Kingdom 

Anyway, different game today, most phones even on contract come unlocked, and the devices as we know are used for WAY more than calls-texts. What was funny though about the protests, my locked 🇨🇦 phone WAS getting all the local alerts…..Thanks a lot  Thailand 🇹🇭 😢

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Same here. First trip was Nov 2008. I've done a few trips around SEA from DMK and that has made me appreciate how convenient BKK is to Pattaya.

Never used Bell service though. After 28+ hours of travel it was worth paying the extra coin to have a private car zip me to sin city.

I got caught up in this and had the great pleasure of having my holiday extended by four nights in a 5 star hotel, courtesy of the Thai gov't - I didn't care if I ever got home!

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

I got caught up in this and had the great pleasure of having my holiday extended by four nights in a 5 star hotel, courtesy of the Thai gov't - I didn't care if I ever got home!

Who else got this? Damn I was on of my “employment breaks” at the time, I should have stayed until New Year’s 2009! 

11 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Who else got this? Damn I was on of my “employment breaks” at the time, I should have stayed until New Year’s 2009! 

Well, I was there at the time.

We flew out of Suvarnabhumi six hours before the airport was shut down

This was with Jet airways, so a transit in Mumbai.

We left Mumbai four hours before the terrorist attack shut down the airport there.

• Like 1