What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Got a Grab taxi from Central Pattaya this afternoon to Jomtien to drop some stuff off - took three tries with Grab, I think because 2nd Rd has been absolutely rammed with traffic all afternoon - guy finally picked me up in a brand new MG Extender pickup, of all things...never even heard of this model before. I hopped on a baht bus for the trip back, and with two of us left on the bus I think the driver finally just said piss on it and turned off at Soi 13/1, leaving us to walk to our final destinations but I didn't mind too much.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

Suan son beach for a bit

1000042199.jpg

1000042198.jpg

Strange that after all the years in Hua Hin we never got to see that beach. Pity as it’s only a few minutes away from home. 
Maybe in August god willing and the river don’t rise. 😉

• Like 1

Put 3 spoons of coffee in machine,only a 1 cup small machine but ting tong wanted a cup aswell, it must have clogged it up somewhere,sorted now and both have strong coffees,off to ao manao in the next hour or so,an hour or so drive depending if i stop for a coffee somewhere around kui buri usually,hoping to feed the langurs,chill at beach,come back around 4pm when she finished her work,only few days left before heading back to uk so will make the most of them.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Got a Grab taxi from Central Pattaya this afternoon to Jomtien to drop some stuff off - took three tries with Grab, I think because 2nd Rd has been absolutely rammed with traffic all afternoon - guy finally picked me up in a brand new MG Extender pickup, of all things...never even heard of this model before. I hopped on a baht bus for the trip back, and with two of us left on the bus I think the driver finally just said piss on it and turned off at Soi 13/1, leaving us to walk to our final destinations but I didn't mind too much.

So.... 2nd Road is still a cluster ?

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

So.... 2nd Road is still a cluster ?

No, I think the traffic congestion was caused by weekend visitors from BKK leaving town - that's what the cab driver told me and I believe him. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

No, I think the traffic congestion was caused by weekend visitors from BKK leaving town - that's what the cab driver told me and I believe him. 

Ok. Yep, weekends can get jammed up during certain time periods.

I used to try to avoid, like the plauge.

Covid was brilliant for ease of moving around.

• Thumbs Up 1

PP hasn't been an overly successful trip so far ... first two nights stomach issues kept me confined to my room , two fun nights out , then developed man flu ( head cold , runny nose , sneezing.. ) so stayed in two more nights ... internet was temperamental at my hotel .. so couldn't watch the football ( not sure if that was a good thing .. 555 ) 

So only tonight left to go out out .., travel day on Wednesday so will take it easy tomorrow

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Sad 3

8 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

PP hasn't been an overly successful trip so far ... first two nights stomach issues kept me confined to my room , two fun nights out , then developed man flu ( head cold , runny nose , sneezing.. ) so stayed in two more nights ... internet was temperamental at my hotel .. so couldn't watch the football ( not sure if that was a good thing .. 555 ) 

So only tonight left to go out out .., travel day on Wednesday so will take it easy tomorrow

I would think Cambo is a place you could pick up just about anything.

Safe travels mate.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Just been looking at a map of where we're renting a condo in Jomtien.

Dusit Park 2 is a 12 minute walk from Rompho Market.

That'll do for me!

Is this the Dusit Grand Park? Doesn't even look that far away from Rompho; how long will you stay there? 

Just getting some steps in around Costco…..Honestly very disappointed in their meat selection/prices , saw a 3-pack of the most beautiful ribeyes, almost 2 kg total, but $75 CAD. 

Now in the vitamin aisle, however, found out COVERING your meat 🥩 is a true bargain …..

IMG_0694.jpeg

• Haha 5

17 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Not enough desserts maybe ? 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, galenkia said:

They are so cute.

I was watching 2 of the baby's playing higher up in the tree,still had a touch of their orange fur,they would t come down for food,the older ones know by shake of the plastic bags down they come,pity they didn't have langurs in the hills of hua hin only daft maqak s who would steal the whole bag of ye.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1

On 3/3/2024 at 5:07 PM, coxyhog said:

The missus,who is now in the latter stages of cooking a Sunday roast for some of the family,has just told me that there's a beer festival just down the road.

She said we can go there after dinner....no way will I be drinking beer after one of her roast dinners.

Shame.

Where is the best place to find a reasonably priced roast over here mate ? A simple chuck or rump roast.   What size is recommended ?

1 hour ago, Phantom51red said:

I was watching 2 of the baby's playing higher up in the tree,still had a touch of their orange fur,they would t come down for food,the older ones know by shake of the plastic bags down they come,pity they didn't have langurs in the hills of hua hin only daft maqak s who would steal the whole bag of ye.

filthy bastards with torn out assholes.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

Where is the best place to find a reasonably priced roast over here mate ? A simple chuck or rump roast.   What size is recommended ?

We had pork,I think she got it from Macro.

17 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Is this the Dusit Grand Park? Doesn't even look that far away from Rompho; how long will you stay there? 

Booked in for 7 days but may extend if we like it(and are able to).