What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

23 minutes ago, Krapow said:

I have the e boarding passes on the app since self check in last night, QR code etc

Indeed. But when you deposit your bags at LHR you will insert your passport into the machine and it will give you a paper boarding pass. 

Having a paper one isn't such a bad idea for Immigration at Swampy - provided it isn't kaput! 

55 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Indeed. But when you deposit your bags at LHR you will insert your passport into the machine and it will give you a paper boarding pass. 

Having a paper one isn't such a bad idea for Immigration at Swampy - provided it isn't kaput! 

Think i read something about this lately, a boarding pass for immigration at Swampy.

Can't say i've ever been asked for one to the best of my knowledge, i usually use them as bookmarks when reading on the flight, i prefer reading to the movies.

Why would they be asked for?

10 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Think i read something about this lately, a boarding pass for immigration at Swampy.

Can't say i've ever been asked for one to the best of my knowledge, i usually use them as bookmarks when reading on the flight, i prefer reading to the movies.

Sorry, don't know the answer to that except in relation to BC - when it is the proof that you are a BC passenger. 

14 minutes ago, Krapow said:

1 minute ago, Bazle said:

Sorry, don't know the answer to that except in relation to BC - when it is the proof that you are a BC passenger. 

1. EVA is an onward flight to Taiwan.

Sometimes they want to make sure that BKK is the required destination..

2. Also in the days of SARs they wanted a boarding pass before Immigration and they would send you off to the Health Desk if you arrived from an African country..

1 hour ago, Bazle said:

And Baz, so the routine  now at Heathrow with EVA is zone A, check in online first (i have already), go to self service, print of the stickers, stick them on the luggage, get the aforementioned flimsy boarding pass, deposit bags on then relevant belts, go on through to security via scanning your boarding pass, the e one from the app or flimsy one?

You are pretty much no interaction with a human from arrival to security, is that right? 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

1. EVA is an onward flight to Taiwan.

Sometimes they want to make sure that BKK is the required destination..

2. Also in the days of SARs they wanted a boarding pass before Immigration and they would send you off to the Health Desk if you arrived from an African country..

Okay,  can't say i've ever been asked to the best of my knowledge. 

I'll fold them up, try to keep them 'safe', use the e pass from the app, just incase.

9 minutes ago, Krapow said:

And Baz, so the routine  now at Heathrow with EVA is zone A, check in online first (i have already), go to self service, print of the stickers, stick them on the luggage, get the aforementioned flimsy boarding pass, deposit bags on then relevant belts, go on through to security via scanning your boarding pass, the e one from the app or flimsy one?

You are pretty much no interaction with a human from arrival to security, is that right? 

That sounds about right. I don't travel with hold luggage so can’t say 100%.

The flimsy boarding pass wasn't accepted by the screen at Security, so I had to retrieve my phone from my bag to get through. 

At the boarding gate, I asked for a proper printed version in case it was needed at Swampy. 

Right now, I'm sat in the Classroom on Soi 13/4 listening to Barry Upton (and replying to Krapow!). 

I think Barry Upton has his detractors, but I have to say he's bloody professional and entertaining. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Business Class. 

:lol: 

Never would have got that. Tell me you're a pauper without telling me you're a pauper! :lol:

3 minutes ago, Bazle said:

That sounds about right. I don't travel with hold luggage so can’t say 100%.

The flimsy boarding pass wasn't accepted by the screen at Security, so I had to retrieve my phone from my bag to get through. 

At the boarding gate, I asked for a proper printed version in case it was needed at Swampy. 

Okay, thought as much. Before covid you had to check in the luggage yourself via the self service, sticker on, but still queue up to interact with a human who individually took the bags onto the belt.

Then i flew with Jet2 last year, you checked in the bags yourself, put on the sticker, then just took it over to where the belts were, set it on, and away it went, no human interaction. 

Thought it would all probably go like that soon ...

16 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Don't worry mate... they'll introduce some new regulation whilst you are in the air !!

14 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I'm quite concerned about this when I go shopping when I am back in May !!

Yes, although slower, i prefer interaction and doing it all with a human, incase i make a f**k up.

But alas, i thought it would all go this way soon ...

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

I was at the Eva check in recently at LHR & although you had your boarding pass & baggage labels you still had human contact when you got to the desk.

If you did on-line check-in, why did you go to the desk? 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

I was at the Eva check in recently at LHR & although you had your boarding pass & baggage labels you still had human contact when you got to the desk.

Good!

That's the way it was pre covid.

You were directed to the self service portals, passport etc scanned, baggage labels given, you stuck them on round the handles or wherever. You then still had to join the queue where your passport was checked again, bags taken from you individually, and they put them on the belt. 

I prefer it that way, incase i make a f**k up.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Krapow said:

Was asked to show a boarding pass entering Swampy in Jan from the UK, and  a few times in subsequent trips either coming through BKK  or DMK

Edited by Lemondropkid

15 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Was asked to show a boarding pass entering Swampy in Jan from the UK, and  a few times in subsequent trips either coming through BKK  or DMK

Fold them up and have them in a safe place with our passports it is then, as wouldn't have reception to pull them from the app. 

Edited by Krapow
  • Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Because you had to,to give them your suitcases.

I have to say I am confused by this. What is the point of on-line check-in if you still have to queue to hand in your hold luggage?

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Bazle said:

I have to say I am confused by this. What is the point of on-line check-in if you still have to queue to hand in your hold luggage?

It's saves time , they don't have to ask you any of the questions, because you've already confirmed you aren't carrying prohibited items , they just have to stick a tag on your bag and they don't have to print a boarding pass 

• Thanks 2