Funny pics

Chokdeekap

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/7/2022 at 11:00 AM, maipenrai said:

8-track tapes and cassettes both - I  can recall how common it was to see ribbons of tape and their plastic cases lying in the ditches of the roads and highways, thrown there by drivers who'd just had enough of them and pitched them out their windows...

And my Walkman on the way to school…..more FF/rewind equaled dead batteries, so us 80’s kids learned to appreciate the whole album. Those were the days….

Once CD’s appeared, you could just choose to listen to your favourite tunes

• Like 1

“And my Walkman on the way to school…..more FF/rewind equaled dead batteries, so us 80’s kids learned to appreciate the whole album. Those were the days….”

The only “Walkman” I had on the way to school was;

Dad, will you run me to school on the Vellocete?

No! Walk man, that’s what your legs are for!

But it was in the late 50’s 🤣

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, KhunDon said:

“And my Walkman on the way to school…..more FF/rewind equaled dead batteries, so us 80’s kids learned to appreciate the whole album. Those were the days….”

The only “Walkman” I had on the way to school was;

Dad, will you run me to school on the Vellocete?

No! Walk man, that’s what your legs are for!

But it was in the late 50’s 🤣

Vellocete now that is really showing your/ our age lol

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Nickrock said:

Vellocete now that is really showing your/ our age lol

Yeah, dad bought one second hand before we had a car. My brother and I would both ride on it to Cubs on winter nights. One on the back seat, one straddling the front fairing over the engine. 
Shaft driven, water cooled, silent running, with a dashboard and hand cranking lever to start it and a open gate gear change lever. 🤗

• Like 3

6 hours ago, KhunDon said:

Yeah, dad bought one second hand before we had a car. My brother and I would both ride on it to Cubs on winter nights. One on the back seat, one straddling the front fairing over the engine. 
Shaft driven, water cooled, silent running, with a dashboard and hand cranking lever to start it and a open gate gear change lever. 🤗

Sounds like a LE model, 'boxer' style twin engine, the police run many of them back in the day....Commonly known as a "Noddy" bike.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, KhunDon said:

Yes I know I had a few brought them aa a job lot in mid 90s

• Like 1

On 6/16/2022 at 2:14 AM, SteveBC said:

Sounds like a LE model, 'boxer' style twin engine, the police run many of them back in the day....Commonly known as a "Noddy" bike.

Yes it was. He bought it from the Metropolitan police and rode it back to Dorset where we lived. 
He used it daily for many years and when he got our first car (an Austin A 35) he advertised it in the local rag and ironically, a retired Metropolitan cop living in Dorset bought it. Apparently, he’d been a motorcycle cop in London and used the same make and model of motorcycle during his duties. 

Edited by KhunDon
  • Thumbs Up 2