Funny pics

Chokdeekap

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Lirchenfeld said:

IMG_8529.jpg.3f3c8c94fdfeec2fa0838502bb4482ab.jpg

I remember that struggle well - your picture brings it all back. Slowly slowly getting it out - then gently untangling it all - and then laying it out flat (removing any creases) - and then using a pen to slowly rewind - not too tight or too loose though, or the effin thing jams up again. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, AussieBob said:

I remember that struggle well - your picture brings it all back. Slowly slowly getting it out - then gently untangling it all - and then laying it out flat (removing any creases) - and then using a pen to slowly rewind - not too tight or too loose though, or the effin thing jams up again. 

8-track tapes and cassettes both - I  can recall how common it was to see ribbons of tape and their plastic cases lying in the ditches of the roads and highways, thrown there by drivers who'd just had enough of them and pitched them out their windows...

• Thumbs Up 3

29 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

"Jubilee clips" - is this another one of those quaint British terms? Here in the colonies these are usually referred to as hose clamps...

But what is the tale behind the name Jubilee Clip?

The trademark Jubilee goes back to 1921 when the worm drive hose clip was invented and patented by Commander Lumley Robinson. Lumley had spent time in the British Navy and during his time there realised a new way to attach a hose to a pipe was needed. Lumley founded the business L Robinson and Company (parent company of Jubilee Clips Ltd), which still operates today from a base in Gillingham, Kent.

https://www.jcshi-torque.co.uk/jubilee-clips-called-jubilee-clips/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 2

5 hours ago, maipenrai said:

"Jubilee clips" - is this another one of those quaint British terms? Here in the colonies these are usually referred to as hose clamps...

Metallic penis rings... maybe the show was a cock-up....  i dont know

Edited by Lirchenfeld
  • Haha 1