Airline Wholesalers

Glasseye

This is what can happen when people purchase tickets through a "wholesaler". 

Although the primary issue I see with this story is how they were approached initially by the guy on the plane. Very low class communication skills and obviously crap training/supervision. This is the type of employee dysfunction that developes over time when they cut corners too much. In time the issues become more than just a few bad apples, it becomes engrained/ cultural, poisened.

Love the dog in this though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3Lv2j7y_Bw

Edited by Glasseye
  • Sad 1
  • Surprised 2

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

That's disgusting!

Demise of US global carriers. 

In the late 80's I became an American Airlines (AA) frequent flier, loyal to the bone. I was impressed with the operations, service and personnel. I was actually kind of proud of the company in a nieve sort of way.

Then it began to roll downhill along with the other major US carriers. Dog damn deregulation cluster if you ask me. People only looking at trying to scrape the barrel, getting chicken bone fares. 

Anyone who has done a lot of flying over a long period of time will recognize the sacrifice of quality because some flint couch potato goes for the fare that is five bucks lower.

Sorry for the rant.

• Thumbs Up 3

18 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Demise of US global carriers. 

In the late 80's I became an American Airlines (AA) frequent flier, loyal to the bone. I was impressed with the operations, service and personnel. I was actually kind of proud of the company in a nieve sort of way.

Then it began to roll downhill along with the other major US carriers. Dog damn deregulation cluster if you ask me. People only looking at trying to scrape the barrel, getting chicken bone fares. 

Anyone who has done a lot of flying over a long period of time will recognize the sacrifice of quality because some flint couch potato goes for the fare that is five bucks lower.

Sorry for the rant.

Can't blame the Airlines entirely , you only have to look at Airline price threads on here and other forums,  to get a snapshot that most people want the low prices  ... unfortunately even our National carriers in Europe , have cut costs and services to provide the lowest prices possible 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Hopefully United will lose a lot of money from the bad publicity they are receiving 

United has been in the news quite a bit for pulling shit like the OP posted, but people still fly them. I happened to be one of them for my trip back to the US in May. I only flew them because the other options were quite a bit more expensive. Fortunately I didn't have any problems, but I was less than impressed with several aspects of flying with United.

In the ranking below, keep in mind the other airlines with more complaints per 100K are smaller regional airlines, with the exception of JetBlue.

Another way to look at the stats is United is 4th in terms of the number of domestic passengers, but 1st in the number of complaints when compared to the top 3 airlines. So something is obviously broken at United.

image.png

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2022/08/08/the-best-and-worst-airlines-in-the-us-ranked-by-customer-complaints/

image.png

http://www.fi-aeroweb.com/Top-100-US-Airlines.html

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

United has been in the news quite a bit for pulling shit like the OP posted, but people still fly them. I happened to be one of them for my trip back to the US in May. I only flew them because the other options were quite a bit more expensive. Fortunately I didn't have any problems, but I was less than impressed with several aspects of flying with United.

In the ranking below, keep in mind the other airlines with more complaints per 100K are smaller regional airlines, with the exception of JetBlue.

Another way to look at the stats is United is 4th in terms of the number of domestic passengers, but 1st in the number of complaints when compared to the top 3 airlines. So something is obviously broken at United.

image.png

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2022/08/08/the-best-and-worst-airlines-in-the-us-ranked-by-customer-complaints/

image.png

http://www.fi-aeroweb.com/Top-100-US-Airlines.html

Asain airline stewardess

Cabin Crew Photos: Air China Stewardess Uniforms

Asain airline stewardess

Stewardess asia Stock Photos, Royalty Free Stewardess asia Images |  Depositphotos

American airline stewardess

Create meme "Aeroflot, stewardess ugly fat, old flight attendant" -  Pictures - Meme-arsenal.com

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/20/2023 at 1:37 AM, Stillearly said:

Can't blame the Airlines entirely , you only have to look at Airline price threads on here and other forums,  to get a snapshot that most people want the low prices  ... unfortunately even our National carriers in Europe , have cut costs and services to provide the lowest prices possible 

I thought I addressed the underlying primary reason, although indirectly.

I would be breaking out the ax on these mo#$er f#$kers !

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/20/business/delta-air-lines-heat-las-vegas-plane.html?smid=nytcore-android-share

U.S. Investigating Why Delta Passengers Were Kept on Plane in Extreme Heat

The flight, from Las Vegas to Atlanta, was stalled at Harry Reid International Airport, leaving passengers sweltering in triple-digit temperatures, the department said.

•  

Passengers are seated in an airport lounge area, and aircraft with Delta logos on their tails are visible through a large bank of windows. Delta Air Lines planes at the Las Vegas airport in 2020.Credit...Shannon Stapleton/Reuters

Passengers are seated in an airport lounge area, and aircraft with Delta logos on their tails are visible through a large bank of windows.

The U.S. Department of Transportation said Thursday that it was investigating why passengers on a Delta Air Lines flight had been left to swelter for hours in triple-digit temperatures while the plane waited on the tarmac at a Las Vegas airport on Monday.

The flight, DL555, to Atlanta, was supposed to take off from Harry Reid International Airport on Monday but instead sat on the tarmac, where the extreme heat sickened passengers, causing some of them to faint, according to reports posted to social media by those on board.

The ordeal lasted nearly three hours, with paramedics boarding the plane to wheel out three people who had fallen ill, Krista Garvin, a passenger and a producer for Fox News, wrote on Twitter.

“They said to press your call button if you need medical assistance,” she said. “Babies are screaming crying. They’re handing out sandwiches to the diabetics.”

She later added, “I am just shook.”

In a clip posted by Ms. Garvin, the captain appears to make an announcement apologizing to those aboard for the extreme heat. Eventually, passengers disembarked because “too many people were sick and they want to try and cool down the plane,” Ms. Garvin said, noting that passengers were then told that the crew had fallen ill.

Another passenger said on Instagram that she had run out of food and diapers for her baby, but that despite the heat, he had managed to remain calm. Others reported that Delta had not provided them with any water and that the bathrooms had been closed.

Delta Air Lines did not immediately respond to requests for comment on Thursday night but told ABC News it was investigating the incident.

“We apologize for the experience our customers had on Flight 555 from Las Vegas to Atlanta on July 17, which ultimately resulted in a flight cancellation,” the company said in a statement. “Delta teams are looking into the circumstances that led to uncomfortable temperatures inside the cabin, and we appreciate the efforts of our people and first responders at Harry Reid International.”

Temperatures in Las Vegas reached 114 degrees on Monday as much of the country baked in a heat wave that has broken temperature records in a number of cities, leaving millions under excessive heat warnings.

According to the Transportation Department, airlines are required to provide comfortable cabin temperatures during tarmac delays.

“I want to know how it was possible for passengers to be left in triple-digit heat on board an aircraft for that long,” Pete Buttigieg, the transportation secretary, told Reuters on Thursday, noting that the episode had lasted several hours.

“Even at normal temperatures, a tarmac delay is not supposed to go that long, and we have rules about that, which we are actively enforcing right now,” he said.

• Surprised 1

43 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

I would be breaking out the ax on these mo#$er f#$kers !

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/20/business/delta-air-lines-heat-las-vegas-plane.html?smid=nytcore-android-share

U.S. Investigating Why Delta Passengers Were Kept on Plane in Extreme Heat

The flight, from Las Vegas to Atlanta, was stalled at Harry Reid International Airport, leaving passengers sweltering in triple-digit temperatures, the department said.

•  

Passengers are seated in an airport lounge area, and aircraft with Delta logos on their tails are visible through a large bank of windows. Delta Air Lines planes at the Las Vegas airport in 2020.Credit...Shannon Stapleton/Reuters

Passengers are seated in an airport lounge area, and aircraft with Delta logos on their tails are visible through a large bank of windows.

The U.S. Department of Transportation said Thursday that it was investigating why passengers on a Delta Air Lines flight had been left to swelter for hours in triple-digit temperatures while the plane waited on the tarmac at a Las Vegas airport on Monday.

The flight, DL555, to Atlanta, was supposed to take off from Harry Reid International Airport on Monday but instead sat on the tarmac, where the extreme heat sickened passengers, causing some of them to faint, according to reports posted to social media by those on board.

The ordeal lasted nearly three hours, with paramedics boarding the plane to wheel out three people who had fallen ill, Krista Garvin, a passenger and a producer for Fox News, wrote on Twitter.

“They said to press your call button if you need medical assistance,” she said. “Babies are screaming crying. They’re handing out sandwiches to the diabetics.”

She later added, “I am just shook.”

In a clip posted by Ms. Garvin, the captain appears to make an announcement apologizing to those aboard for the extreme heat. Eventually, passengers disembarked because “too many people were sick and they want to try and cool down the plane,” Ms. Garvin said, noting that passengers were then told that the crew had fallen ill.

Another passenger said on Instagram that she had run out of food and diapers for her baby, but that despite the heat, he had managed to remain calm. Others reported that Delta had not provided them with any water and that the bathrooms had been closed.

Delta Air Lines did not immediately respond to requests for comment on Thursday night but told ABC News it was investigating the incident.

“We apologize for the experience our customers had on Flight 555 from Las Vegas to Atlanta on July 17, which ultimately resulted in a flight cancellation,” the company said in a statement. “Delta teams are looking into the circumstances that led to uncomfortable temperatures inside the cabin, and we appreciate the efforts of our people and first responders at Harry Reid International.”

Temperatures in Las Vegas reached 114 degrees on Monday as much of the country baked in a heat wave that has broken temperature records in a number of cities, leaving millions under excessive heat warnings.

According to the Transportation Department, airlines are required to provide comfortable cabin temperatures during tarmac delays.

“I want to know how it was possible for passengers to be left in triple-digit heat on board an aircraft for that long,” Pete Buttigieg, the transportation secretary, told Reuters on Thursday, noting that the episode had lasted several hours.

“Even at normal temperatures, a tarmac delay is not supposed to go that long, and we have rules about that, which we are actively enforcing right now,” he said.

If Delta cared they wouldn’t have named it Flight 555.

• Haha 2