Painting & Decorating my house exterior - Have we got any BM's with experience in this trade ?

Pumpuynarak

@Pumpuynarak Cliff, yeah that is a Lexus SUV I bought when I got back to San Jose, Jan 2019. Like an idiot, I sold my Infniti G35 right before heading here to get married in Jan 2016. Was thinking that if we ever did need to make a move back to Calif, I could just lease a car or something. Obviously did not realize how fast both my parents would need my help in 2019 and after Dad passed, I could not in good faith leave my 85 year old Mom by herself. I did NOT want to use her Nissan as she suggested, to take her around etc for the things she needed and for my transportation for everything I needed to do too. I was afraid if I got into an auto accident, then she has no transportation at all. So I bought the Lexus. 

I really miss my Infiniti, that car was a blast to drive. Even wifey drove it a few times....that was scary LOL! 

Infiniti copy.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Yessongs said:

@Pumpuynarak Cliff, yeah that is a Lexus SUV I bought when I got back to San Jose, Jan 2019. Like an idiot, I sold my Infniti G35 right before heading here to get married in Jan 2016. Was thinking that if we ever did need to make a move back to Calif, I could just lease a car or something. Obviously did not realize how fast both my parents would need my help in 2019 and after Dad passed, I could not in good faith leave my 85 year old Mom by herself. I did NOT want to use her Nissan as she suggested, to take her around etc for the things she needed and for my transportation for everything I needed to do too. I was afraid if I got into an auto accident, then she has no transportation at all. So I bought the Lexus. 

I really miss my Infiniti, that car was a blast to drive. Even wifey drove it a few times....that was scary LOL! 

Infiniti copy.jpg

That Infinity is a real beauty Mike, i can understand your reluctance to part company with it. I've never seen one before so i believe it must not be available in the UK. Still the Lexus SUV also looks real good, i'd have no probs owning one.

I'm gonna search google to find out more info on the Infinity.

• Thumbs Up 1

Finding a good house painter is like finding a good mechanic - golden.

Hire a good one, be patient. Worth the extra dosh.

And pay for the better quality paint.

I don't envie you mate. But when it's finished you'll feel like a new man. It'll look great !

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Finding a good house painter is like finding a good mechanic - golden.

Hire a good one, be patient. Worth the extra dosh.

And pay for the better quality paint.

I don't envie you mate. But when it's finished you'll feel like a new man. It'll look great !

Finding any competent tradesman here in Korat/Isaan is the most frustrating thing for me about living here. They are about but finding them is akin to finding a needle in a haystack lol. Recco's is a good way to go but even that can and does go wrong. I'm quite happy to pay over the odds for the right guy(s) but ya still got to find them in the first place.

If you could see some of the shit work i've had done you'd be as pissed off as i am. I've got jobs waiting to be done which need doing but just can't find competent tradesmen so the jobs remain undone.

Trouble is mate the Thais here except this rubbish work as if its the norm so it never improves, wifey's constantly telling me ''thats the trouble with you farangs, you expect perfection'', i have to remind her i'm an ex helicopter fitter and if i had done a poor job somebody could die lol

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Finding any competent tradesman here in Korat/Isaan is the most frustrating thing for me about living here. They are about but finding them is akin to finding a needle in a haystack lol. Recco's is a good way to go but even that can and does go wrong. I'm quite happy to pay over the odds for the right guy(s) but ya still got to find them in the first place.

If you could see some of the shit work i've had done you'd be as pissed off as i am. I've got jobs waiting to be done which need doing but just can't find competent tradesmen so the jobs remain undone.

Trouble is mate the Thais here except this rubbish work as if its the norm so it never improves, wifey's constantly telling me ''thats the trouble with you farangs, you expect perfection'', i have to remind her i'm an ex helicopter fitter and if i had done a poor job somebody could die lol

I can completely relate mate.

I've only lived here a little over a two years total now. 

Even within that short of a period I could write a book about the shit I've seen.

What we would consider a below average job back in States would be considered top of the line here.

The trouble is wage rates are so low, so imcompetent shit work becomes the norm. People cringe at the idea of paying more for quality work. They are more concerned with "how much" than anything else so they can brag to their buddies.

During the covid period I moved around a lot to various condos. When somebody visited the first thing they would ask is "how much". When I answered they usually said...."oh, too much". I would think to myself.... I wonder what kind of shithole they live in.

It got so when they asked I would tell them.... "I not say" and give them a smirk. 

• Thumbs Up 1