XMAS menus 2023

KWA

On 10/13/2023 at 8:57 AM, Derek Dangleberries said:

Last year I bought a frozen whole cooked butterball turkey from Expatfoods and it was effing delicious but they haven't any advertised as yet ..

Now in stock.  Also a selection of Christmas puddings and crackers.

image.png

image.png

• Great Info 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Anyone in Udon Thani may like the menu in the Irish Clock.

20231203_150200.jpg

The roast poatoes (sic) sound delicious whatever they are ..

On a more serious note on Xmas dinners ...I don't fucking want turkey meat .. I want a drumstick, thigh or a wing. ... and I would definitely pay extra for the choice at time of booking with a deposit !!...

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

The roast poatoes (sic) sound delicious whatever they are ..

On a more serious note on Xmas dinners ...I don't fucking want turkey meat .. I want a drumstick, thigh or a wing. ... and I would definitely pay extra for the choice at time of booking with a deposit !!...

We could share a turkey, no problem as I only want the breast meat!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/13/2023 at 2:22 PM, Golfingboy said:

at 4000 THB methinks customers will be limited as well as availability

On 10/13/2023 at 2:06 PM, KWA said:

Robin Hood.

robin hood xmas 2023.png

On 10/13/2023 at 5:00 PM, Yesitisdakid said:

I am not a fan of Robin Hood but if it is a carvery type all you can eat which it looks to be 4000 baht would not be over the top

I was in there last Sunday with my daughter and asked about it ..

- The 2nd sitting still has "a few" vacancies

- The 1st sitting still have "a lot" of vacancies. For those that are concerned about terminating their party just as it gets going there is a room available at the back to continue ..

Since before the pandemic, I've been cooking a full turkey dinner at home on Christmas Day, mostly using the Butterball ready-cooked turkeys. I wasn't very keen on this to start with as I couldn't imagine you'd get much in the way of fat and jelly coming out of a ready-cooked bird when you warmed it up. For the first one, that was very true, so the next year I switched back to a Butterball uncooked turkey again. Then the next couple of years I went back to the ready-cooked turkeys (I think Siamburi's couldn't get the uncooked ones any more) and they delivered a decent amount of fat which you need to do good turkey roasties. However, I'm a breast-meat man so the legs and all the rest of the bits of meat ended up going back to Laem Chabang with the GF. I just froze the leftover breast and used it to make two more cooked dinners during the year, plus a lot of sandwiches. Anyway, I decided this year that paying for the legs when I don't eat them is a waste, so I got a Butterball ready-cooked turkey breast, what in the UK we'd call a turkey crown. 

IMG20230803182037.jpg

Per kilo, it's almost twice the price of the whole turkey, but there will be far less chucked or given away. I'm under no illusions that I'll get much fat out of this one, but that's OK as I render my own duck fat and have a kilo in the fridge. Duck fat roasties are excellent too, that's what i eat during the year whenever I make a cooked dinner, which is pretty often.

In the end, decided that I like the ready-cooked idea, it saves you a lot of work and worry on the big day, it's easy to overcook a turkey and dry it out and ruin the meal. With these, you can just cut and eat it as it comes, or cut it and warm the meat up in the microwave, or warm the whole thing up in the oven for an hour or so, which is what I do. This was how last year's Christmas dinner turned out:

IMG20221225164454.jpg

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, KWA said:

Sports Lounge, which was Rabbi's Elephant Bar and Chunky Monkey I think, for those like me that can't keep up with all the bar changes.

Oh Aye, free buffet and midnight piper ...

On a more current discussion @tommy dee reported that bars were responsible for drunk customers driving or riding home ..

Such innovation .. when Rabbi was doing it 20 years ago ..!! 

2 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Oh Aye, free buffet and midnight piper ..

I supplied the haggis on several occasions as Rabbi knew I came across for Xmas and New Year.  The piper was Roy and they were actually Irish pipes he played, but most  people would never know the difference.

• Great Info 1

9 minutes ago, SteveBC said:

It appears that one likes a drop of gravy  ???

I hope you had some nice crusty bread to mop it up with at the end.....

The left over congealed gray, mixed with all the left over veggie, all chopped up and bunged in a pan the next day is just waiting for  @boydeste to create the perfect bubble and squeak !!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1