XMAS menus 2023

KWA

I know it's not even Hallowe'en yet but I've come across a couple so here goes.

Robin Hood.

robin hood xmas 2023.png

No name on this one and I can't remember where I got it, neither can Google.  Maybe someone recognises the style or has come across it too?  I can't compare it with any from last year's thread as all the images there have disappeared.

xmas 2023.jpg

• Great Info 2

7 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Some realy turkey would be nice. Can't remember the last time.

Last year I bought a frozen whole cooked butterball turkey from Expatfoods and it was effing delicious but they haven't any advertised as yet ..

In the past Big C and some pubs have done a cooked Xmas Dinner delivery service.. I'll keep an eye out and post on here !!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Last year I bought a frozen whole cooked butterball turkey from Expatfoods and it was effing delicious but they haven't any advertised as yet ..

In the past Big C and some pubs have done a cooked Xmas Dinner delivery service.. I'll keep an eye out and post on here !!

My dad invented (designed) the net that goes around a Butterball turkey.

Increasesd sales by the millions.

• Great Info 1
  • Surprised 1

3 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Fantastic bit of Engineering ..How the hell did he work out how they were going to pluck the damned thing in such a tight bit of netting !!!??

Sad thing about it is he didn't earn squat from it (other than his normal salary. Swift fcuked him.

He was also in on the early beginnings of bar codes. We see where those are now.

• Great Info 1

I am not a fan of Robin Hood but if it is a carvery type all you can eat which it looks to be 4000 baht would not be over the top being years in the wholesale meat business i know the costs of the Prime rib and the Nz Lamb leg and they are not cheap. If it is not a all you can eat affair then it would indeed be over the top.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 2

1 hour ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I am not a fan of Robin Hood but if it is a carvery type all you can eat which it looks to be 4000 baht would not be over the top being years in the wholesale meat business i know the costs of the Prime rib and the Nz Lamb leg and they are not cheap. If it is not a all you can eat affair then it would indeed be over the top.

If it is all you can eat with multiple trips over 3 to 4 hours then 1,000 baht an hour is very reasonable because there are so many good things to choose from as Starters and Desserts. I disagree about the leg of lamb being expensive though (359/kg )as I eat it regularly to the point of boredom..

You wanna see how many garlic prawns and cauliflower cheese I can get through in 4 hours though !!!

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

You can go up to a room following the feast and crank out some skid marks. Now that sound like a good day !

Yikes. I may take a pass on the skid marks and saunter down to spidergirls.

6 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

5 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

If it is all you can eat with multiple trips over 3 to 4 hours then 1,000 baht an hour is very reasonable because there are so many good things to choose from as Starters and Desserts. I disagree about the leg of lamb being expensive though (359/kg )as I eat it regularly to the point of boredom..

You wanna see how many garlic prawns and cauliflower cheese I can get through in 4 hours though !!!

The problem for me, these days, is one plate is all I can eat.  I get the "small" plate at Outback on Sunday now and again and I'm done eating for the day.

If it was 17yo me they'd go broke at only 4KBaht.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, tko said:

The problem for me, these days, is one plate is all I can eat.  I get the "small" plate at Outback on Sunday now and again and I'm done eating for the day.

If it was 17yo me they'd go broke at only 4KBaht.

I have  the same problem myself nowadays - I just fill up too fast and if I do overfill I will pay for it later; I'm not the glutton I was when I was a youth. 

• Thumbs Up 5

6 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

I have  the same problem myself nowadays - I just fill up too fast and if I do overfill I will pay for it later; I'm not the glutton I was when I was a youth. 

Ditto for me too, just can't eat the volume these days.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...